Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From a directly confirmedsourceat Cox Media, (those of you that know me know mysource)

Cox produced a PSA (Public ServiceAnnouncement), a commercial to be aired and paid for by Cox Media. It was asking for any donations, equipment, volunteer, ect., and drop off locations.

It was scheduled to begin airing yesterday morning.

BP contacted Cox and told them they could not air the commercial (a PSA) until BP approved it. It was an all day nightmare back and forth, and approval was finally granted around 4pm. The commercial aired.

BP, you really think you have the right to tell a privately owned company what they can air, especially when it is a PSA asking for donations? Does your control reach that far?

Will I soon be contacted by BP and told that any of my future post on the PFF need to be previously approved by them?

The answer is yes, there reach is that far. Because although they had no legal right to prevent Cox Media from airing that PSA, Cox new that they could be tied up in so much litigation for goingagainstthe wishes of the oil giant that it could potentially ruin them.

Running similar to Mosanto's policies.

What a joke. BP, you got caught making love to a goat behind the wood shed, and now you think you have the right to control others reactions for the sake of your PR image.

My name is Clay, and I approve this message. Tie m up in litigation.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ok then. I'll hide this note in this thread. BP is refining the oil they recover out of the Gulf in Texas City. They will sell it to us as gasoline. I think they should refine it and give everybody who lives on the Gulf Coast a FREE GAS CARD until every bit of the mess is cleaned up and all the wildlife and fishes have returned to normal.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
They will give you all the free gas cards you want if you release them of any liability, I bet..................

Rock on

BillD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts