Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hunted in there before have any tips or advice? I pulled a permit for the archery hunt and I plan to camp nearby and hunt as hard as I can for a few days. I want to try and get over there and scout before October, but I don't know if I will actually be able to or not. I'm figuring it's all THICK snakey swamp like Escambia and is going to be a tough bow hunt, but I'm going to give it my best shot.

You can't kill a doe in there during archery like BW so it looks like my only shot will be on a buck. I have yet to even see a buck bigger than a spike in BW, but I also haven't been able to hunt the rut because of work obligations. I'm hoping to have better luck over there, but without having a decent lay of the land I'm not optimistic. Guess I'll have to get the ol' thermocell and snake boots and beat the ground this summer

·
Registered
806 Posts
I believe I hunted there years ago.
I got family over that way and I drive through it quite a bit. In fact, I am headed that way later today. I have hunted near it for sure but seem to recall hunting it once 10-12 years ago.
What I do know is it has a lot of pigs on it. I see them quite a bit when driving through there along 98. It is piney and thick. I am sure if you find some travel corridor you will get some sort of action.
When is your quota?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe I hunted there years ago.
I got family over that way and I drive through it quite a bit. In fact, I am headed that way later today. I have hunted near it for sure but seem to recall hunting it once 10-12 years ago.
What I do know is it has a lot of pigs on it. I see them quite a bit when driving through there along 98. It is piney and thick. I am sure if you find some travel corridor you will get some sort of action.
When is your quota?
October 24-30.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts