Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new bow fishing set up and am searching for places to break it in and possibly shoot some fish. I know the only way to practice is to go. Does anyone know of any places that would be a good practice for a newb?

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I got a setup for Christmas as well, if you find a place let me know.I have a launch in my neighborhood that is loaded with mullet and as soon as the water clears up from the north wind I'm gonna go down there and practice on them.I figure if you can hit a mullet you can pretty much hit any fish.You are welcome to join me if you want.

·
Registered
210 Posts
When I learned how to bowfishI wentto the Mobile Delta. It is a little bit of a ride but there is plenty ofdrum and gars over there to shoot at. Just be careful if you are not familar with that area the water is very skinny over there around the delta. Good Luck!

·
Registered
192 Posts
here is what I did I practiced off my back porch itis about 4ft off the ground start with a empty 2ltr coke bottle just toss it out a little ways all around but not too far then when you get good at that go to a one ltr bottle then a h2o bottle and remeber when you get to thewater on a boat the waterwill refract a little so you have to adjust alittle get good on land then try the water

·
Registered
192 Posts
here is what I did I practiced off my back porch itis about 4ft off the ground start with a empty 2ltr coke bottle just toss it out a little ways all around but not too far then when you get good at that go to a one ltr bottle then a h2o bottle and remeber when you get to thewater on a boat the waterwill refract a little so you have to adjust alittle get good on land then try the water I havent been in awhile but still have my set up Oh heres a hint work around docks at night with floundering lights

1 - 6 of 6 Posts