Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never even used a bow...looking at getting into bow hunting...anyone have suggestions for an easy starter bow??

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
I have a tricked out TackDriving Hoyt Trycon I could make you a deal on. its a 2007, brand new bow with all the bells and whistles.

·
Banned
369 Posts
My suggestion is not to spend any money on anything until you try a few different bows. My experience has been (17 years hunting with bow), that they all feel different and shoot different. Go to any of the local shops and ask to test fire a few models until you find one you are comfortable with. They should be very helpful in getting you started right.

I have seen way to many people go out and fork over big bucks for a bow only to find they can't shoot it accurately because it does not "fit them". You need to be measured for your draw length and have the bow adjusted to work for you. Take your time and find one that you enjoy shooting or you will have a horrible time in the field with it. Bows aretempermental in that a little mistake in the size, hold, or release can affect the shot placement only 20 yards away.

It is ethically correct to get the right bow for you, and have it setup properly. IMO

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,547 Posts
Go to your local bow shop and get measured so you will know exactly how long your draw length is, and how much draw weight you can handle to start with. You don't have to spend a lot of money to get started. It doesn't take a top of the line bow to kill deer. Try it with a relatively inexpensive bow combo to see if you will stick with it for the long haul. George

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,547 Posts
Mikes on 29 in pensacola is not too far away. Don't stand around there ask to be helped. When you get there some times they ignore customers, but they can help with different bows. Also go to Scotts in Jay they are real helpful. Good luck and let us know what you decide on.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Go see Tommy at Gulf Coast Outdoors in Pace. He is right next to Oops Alley. He is a great guy and has been tuning bows for years.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright...thanks for the info guys...anyone up for letting me shoot theres to get a feel for it?? like i said..i am completely clueless to bows...so i gotta start somewhere

·
Registered
258 Posts
You can come by and shoot my Ross cr331 anytime you want I keep it with me at Outcast.

Call me first at the store 457-1450 I'm usually there everyday but this time of the year I'll be in the woods a lot. Or any other bow that we carry as well.

Anthony

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Mike's on 29 has some incredible deals on a few bows right now. they have a few fred bear's for a really low price. but if you wanted to come off a little more money, they have some absolutely great prices on some parkers right now. they also have "the truth" by fred bear (the bow that all the primos guys are using) starting at just $335.

478 1129 is their number

1 - 12 of 12 Posts