Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The farm we hunt has some pigs showing up this year and I'm curious on what,where etc. is the best shot as far as a bow to put on a pig? Any help would be a big help. I'd just like to know what to look for or wait for if one happens in my range durring bow season. Thanks in advance and good luck to all this weekend who are lucky enough to get out there after them. I'm gone as soon as work lets me go at 5:00 unless I get that sudden sickness that might have to make me leave around noonish ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Quartering away is ideal............try to hit8 to 10 inches behind the shoulder so as to miss the shield that big boars develop. That shield will stop an arrow on a big boar. Good luck. Hunting those pigs with a bow is a blast.Make sure you are up a tree or able to get that way when you shoot one :)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
I have killed two little ones with a bow, and I really don't think there is a chance to break through the shoulder of a large pig with any archery equipment. I would think that a neck shot on a large animal would be better than trying to break that shoulder. I shot the two I shot a little futher back into the ribs, but neither of them were over 100lbs, I have seen some monsters that I wouldn't think enough trama could be done to be a killing shot with a bow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts