Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone told me that you can bow hunt durning crossbow season. Is this true does anyone know? We hunt up in blackwater.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I looked at the 07-08 hunting regulations and on page 15 it states that you CAN use a bow during the crossbow days, Nov. 26-Dec 2

Good Luck

·
Registered
210 Posts
Is the Archery stamp good for Muz,Cross seasons or do we have to buy those stamps to hunt with bows during those seasons? Come on Saturday!! This thing called work sure is getting in the way of my hunting!!!

·
Registered
775 Posts
If hunting in Blackwater you can not use a bow during Muzzleloader season. There is also no crossbow season. That is per WMA regulations. The hunting regs book is for private land.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up James. I wasn't sure about a specific crossbow seasonand thought you could still bow hunt during the first muzzleloading season. Glad you caught it because I damn sure don't want to be responsible for getting someone in trouble. I know you can bow hunt during regular gun season though. You just have to follow the same rules as far as what you can shoot.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Even on private land you cannot use a bow during early muzzleloader season. During crossbow season you can use achery equipment, but it is BUCK only.

·
Registered
429 Posts
imkilroy (11/11/2007)Even on private land you cannot use a bow during early muzzleloader season.
The followingis for private lands only. When hunting WMA's you need to get the WMA brochure for the individual WMA you will be hunting. This is straight from the manual found here http://myfwc.com/hunting/pdf/0708FLHunt_web2.pdf

"Hunting methods: Only muzzleloading guns, bows and crossbows may be used. For hunting deer, muzzleloading guns firing single bullets must be at least .40-caliber, and muzzleloading guns firing two or more balls must be 20-gauge or larger. Crossbows and bows must have a minimum draw weight of 35 pounds. Hand-held releases on bows are allowed."

I read it a few times and can't find anything saying no bows during early muzzy season. My understanding is that you CAN hunt all season on private land with a bow.

Again, for WMA's please check the individual brochure found here http://myfwc.com/hunting/wma/WMA_RegionMaps0708.htm

·
Registered
771 Posts
You are correct Willhunt4food. It seem's they have changed the rule since they brought it in a crossbow season. Instead of an early "muzzleloader" season for muzzleloader's only in Novemberand a late season "primitive weapons" season for muzzleloader's and bow's in February. It is all just "muzzleloader" with the same regulation's in both phase's. My bad, thank's for catching that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts