Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Its the challenge for me that makes me likebowhunting more. I have to use my talents to get myself close enough to my prey, to make that kill shot. Its the short season, rush of time that adds pressure to me, making me more driven to be successful. The feel of being the first hunter in this area to actually see whats in this area. Getting in before the "Sammy Shoot'em Ups" get in and start trying to eliminate the entire species in one morning. i just love to bow hunt I guess.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Bow hunting's challenge and excitement keeps me coming back. Gun season is great too but not the challenge that bow hunting is. That is, once, I see a deer --- and just seeing one is often the biggest challenge!!

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
As much as I like bow hunting, here in Ohio gun is only a week long....(with shot gun,hand gun or muzzle loader only)...with all the people in the woods the deer are running for their lives...it is pretty challenging to make a good shot on a deer running. and still need to bepretty close.:banghead

·
Registered
393 Posts
I like bow hunting just for the challenge but once gun season comes in I switch to the smokepoll because they are so much harder to get close to and there is so much more pressure.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I never hunted with my rifle last year!!! Only my bow! I choose Bow Hunting although I missed last years season due to my baby being born almost a year ago.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Chris Couture (10/5/2007)I never hunted with my rifle last year!!! Only my bow! I choose Bow Hunting although I missed last years season due to my baby being born almost a year ago.
Chris, you should know better... birth days and weddings are suposed to be planed around the hunting season.:banghead Some people would take man points away from you for having a kid so close to the season!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Bay Fisherman (10/5/2007)
Chris Couture (10/5/2007)I never hunted with my rifle last year!!! Only my bow! I choose Bow Hunting although I missed last years season due to my baby being born almost a year ago.
Chris, you should know better... birth days and weddings are suposed to be planed around the hunting season.:banghead Some people would take man points away from you for having a kid so close to the season!
Whenmy wifewas all dolled up and ready to go laying in bed21 months ago, math wasn't the first thing on my mind:banghead:banghead I'm sure many of us have fallen for that trap:)

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Bow hunting is actually easier in My Opinion. The wide usethe use of sights. range finders and compound bows makes using a bow very similiar to using a gun (except only one shot). Once the mechanics are down, repeatability goes up. The nice thing about bow has already been mentioned; first in the woods, less pressure and it is quiet.:sleeping:sleeping

If you are looking for a challenge, try recurve or long bow with no sights. I take my hat off to those guys, triedit and it was hard.:bowdown:bowdown.

Of course a drawback here is the weather. It will be HOT:hotsun:hotsun next weekend.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,544 Posts
Bow Hunting is by far more challenging. Try shooting a deer at 200 yards with a bow. Doesn't work too well. I prefer to bowhunt. I usually bowhunt on eglin all hunting season.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Chris Couture (10/5/2007)
Bay Fisherman (10/5/2007)
Whenmy wifewas all dolled up and ready to go laying in bed21 months ago, math wasn't the first thing on my mind:banghead:banghead I'm sure many of us have fallen for that trap:)
Just spent two days up at the camp and just got home. I hope that trap gets set for me tonight:baby

1 - 11 of 11 Posts