Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much to report really, but saw probably over 25 deer total over 3 three hunts this weekend. The deer seemed to be moving pretty good after that front moved through Fri night.

I did draw my bow back on a doe only to be BUSTED by 2 other does that were with her.:banghead 2 of them saw/heard me draw back, and they took off quick like. Really wish I could have got a shot off there...I need some deer sausage.

Sat afternoon I hada young 8pt come well within bow range. After feeding around on acorns for a few minutes, he then walked right by me at 10 yards. No pics of him thats close, I thought the camera noise would spook him. However, I did get some pics at about 25yds.

He's nothing to brag about really, but I was just glad to get some action on my first time out this season. This guy is in the 'future stud club'...Good body size for a young guy.

Sorry the pics aren't that great. I know what I'm asking Santa/Wife for Christmas this year....New HD Video Camera with lots of zoom!

Good Luck to everyone else!

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
all i can say is man you have patience...back when i was hunting hard at it, i would have been slinging arrows...:doh.....but passing on a young buck like that makes it better all the way around.....good job

1 - 2 of 2 Posts