Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went for it Thursday and bought a new 21 ft travel trailer. I've been you tubeing just trying to learn as much as I can. I'd like to go somewhere local for our first trip out.

·
Registered
10,657 Posts
Bear Lake and krul lake are nice and local, only problem is most are booked up for a while right now

·
Super Moderator
28,295 Posts
Depending on where you are at...like jaster said also Karrick Lake, Open Pond which is just north of me in Alabama or Stone Lake in Century. Several down in Navarre. If you stay at a KOA they have nice campgrounds but are a little pricey. Just google campgrounds near me and if it's brand new, expect issues! I'm hauling mine back to the dealer fer several issues and it's enough to PO the Pope but its all good.

·
Registered
9,511 Posts
We went for it Thursday and bought a new 21 ft travel trailer. I've been you tubeing just trying to learn as much as I can. I'd like to go somewhere local for our first trip out.
Hell if you have a generator in camper or get a generator and rough it most walmarts allow overnight campers. Rest areas on the turnpikes allow long stops. Not the best but a way to try everything out.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Fort Pickens

Reactions: jaster

·
Registered
686 Posts
Open Pond is nice but it’s in Conecuh National Forest. You can call the Ranger Station Office in Andalusia to check out cost and availability
334-222-2555

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Fish Alot Catch None
1,142 Posts
Check out Big Lagoon SP. You can check online for availability.
4 miles or less to stores like Target, Walmart, Ace Hardware, Winn Dixie and Publix. But just like most state parks, there are no sewage hook ups. You have to haul to the dumping station. BUT, a great place to "check" everything out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts