Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am sanding and repainting the bottom of my 32 sportfish from the rubrail down{ and then rubrail up} this winter whats the best bottom paint rubrail to water line bright white then waterline down aqua blue, and i will be spraying this paint not rolling it on. thanks for any comments and help

·
OCD Reel Service/Repair
6,306 Posts
If you're going to go thru all the hard work and prep to get a top dollar paint job that will last use Awlcraft 2000 on the hull sides. It may cost more but all the work is in the preparation. Why use cheap paint after all that hard work..??

Awlcraft 2000 can be wet sanded and buffed and is much easier to touch up if you get any damage.

Awlgrip doesn't recommend buffing their paint. If you do it will look like gelcoat instead of the wet look they are famous for.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks to all

thanks to all for the help i have been looking at the awlcraft paints they are a 2 part paint and spray easly and i am stripping the boat to the gelcoat,most of the bottom paint came off with the pressure washer the rest will be sanded along with the sides,rear, will post pics of before and after.;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts