Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the people that fish deep-200 plus feet to the floating rigs. What are you set ups on bottom machines and transducers. We bout to be in the market and thats going to be our target.. be able to tell hard bottom from soft, at the rigs, be able to see tuna deep and know they there or to hit the next spot. Yall are using thrue holes i imagine? any recommendations or thoughts.. not set on a machine yet really. Really like a garwin and the looks of the simrad but am open ..

·
Registered
380 Posts
I wanted a setup where I could pinpoint the type of bottom and really see what was below me while fishing in 200-300’ Deep and yet still be able to mark bait and even the bottom while fishing in 800-1400’. I thought long and hard and did enough homework to make my brain explode. I ended up going with a thruhull trsnsducer: Airmar B175-HW paired with a Garmin 741 xs. I have been over the moon happy with how well it does. If you so much as drop a peanut in the water while in 200’, then I can literally see it on the screen. It’s amazing for finding new spots with the wide cone that it shoots, and yet it’s still very graphic on what it can see. I can be running 28 knots and run over a spot/structure/ledges etc, and see it very well..... it blows my mind. I was fishing last week in 1380’ of water and I was still marking bottom. Not with much detail, but I was marking. It works for me, and is exactly what I wanted

Reactions: PJIII
1 - 2 of 2 Posts