Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone own this particular model Boston Whaler? My dad is thinking about purchasing one and I'm trying to gather some info. for him. I'd like to know pros / cons on this particular model from actual owners. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He's buying new, with twin 225 Verados... If anyone has pros/cpns on the Whalers please give me a shout.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
that boat is a nice ride. it jumps out of thehole and rides sweet. most verado issues have been taken care of ,but now and then there are some random ones that pop up. i would recommend getting a mechanical eval done on it just to check the engines. be sure the tech/techs know what to look for on those. let me know if you need a place to get the eval done.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Its a nice boat, but personally I can't imagine why anyone would buy an outboard powered boat that big that really can't be trailered. Add in the genset and other features and you're better off buying a similar sized diesel powered inboard boat like SeaVee. Instead of 2 20k motors that will last maybe 1000 hrs, get 2 25k motors that will last 10k hours and burn less fuel at much greater reliability and safety.

Gas generators? Get real.

·
Registered
21 Posts
We may be buying the 31 Sportcraft Sport Fisherman with twin diesels, but they do come with a single yanmar, or cummins diesel. If you can get a diesel for the same price as the gas I would.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts