Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty much burned through Sportsman's Best: Offshore Fishing by our own Capt Buck Hall. The local shops hadn't had it for a while, but Ifinally founda copyat GBBT. Normal price is $20 and they gave me 25% off, so I paid only $15.

Buck did an excellent job and covered many areas while keeping to the point with regard to space constrictions. I suspect he could have even written more if he had the space. The book is packed with some secrets I have never heard of or even considered. I can't wait to try some new techniques this year! He covers Dolphin, Billfish, Kings, Wahoo, trolling paterns, gear, tackle, reading the weather, adjusting to conditions and so much more. There are great pictures too, with some local guys in there as well. I give it a full five stars. Only thing is could want is MORE!

BTW- Sportsman's Best also has a Snapper & Grouper book. Very good read as well!

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
Five stars? C'mon.

41/2 at best!:poke

Makes a great Christmas gift and Outcast has them on the counter by the register.

Ask nice and Buck will sign it for you too.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I also have read both the Sportsman's BestOffshore Fishing and the Snapper and Grouper books.Both are very informative, they give a lot of great ideas and techniques.The DVD's that come with them are interestingto watch also.I highly recommend both books and they would make a great X-Mas or birthday present. I believethe Sportsman's Bestseries also have a book on Redfish that I would like to get my hands on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
kayak fishing offshore

Capt. Buck,

I have been fishing inshore from a kayak but would also like to fish offshore. I am looking for a book that could help me learn about fishing offshore, but no more than about five miles out. I would be launching my kayak around Corpus Christi. Would you book be appropriate for this range or would you steer me towards something else?

Thank you,

Jeff

Thanks BigFish...I appreciate the comments. We had to cut about 40 pages to make it fit....they'll be a version 2.0 in a couple years I imagine :)

I put a link for reviewing on Amazon earlier..thanks so much.

http://www.amazon.com/Sportsmans-Best-Jerold-Buck-Hall/dp/1892947757/ref=pd_bbs_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1197860328&sr=8-3

buck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts