Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At its July meeting in Stuart, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) approved a draft proposal to create a recreational limit for blackfin tuna of two fish per person or 10 fish per vessel, whichever is greater, and to extend this proposed regulation into federal waters. The proposal is expected to come before the Commission for a final public hearing in October.

At its July meeting in Stuart, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) approved changes to how shortfin mako are managed in state waters.
Effective Jan. 1, 2020, the minimum size limit for recreational harvest will increase from 54 to 83 inches fork length.
This size increase is required by the Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission to provide consistency with recent federal changes. Shortfin mako is overfished and undergoing overfishing, and these measures are a part of ongoing international efforts to help rebuild the resource for a sustainable fishery in the future. Commercial harvest is prohibited in state waters due to recent changes to federal rules.

·
Premium Member
9,852 Posts
Their end game is obvious at this point. Thing is, people have become accustomed to accepting the outright crazy as a norm instead of fixing the real problems.

Just look at the left.

·
Super Moderator
28,510 Posts
Specifically why my boat went up fer sale yesterday!!! I wish they would monitor homeland terrorists as close as they do our fish!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Specifically why my boat went up fer sale yesterday!!! I wish they would monitor homeland terrorists as close as they do our fish!!!!!!!!
Surely you're not selling the Saltwater Gospel already!?

·
Praedator
10,009 Posts
They took down their original 2020 Vision to make recreational completely catch and release. But they are on full track to make it happen soon!

·
Super Moderator
28,510 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Next thing they will regulates how much anchor rope you can have, and how far out into the Gulf you can go to fish... When that happens they can all KMA...

·
Registered
256 Posts
I can see it coming, won't be long before you can be written a citation for having a picture of a species of fish the season is closed on!!!!

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,077 Posts
(FWC) approved a draft proposal to create a recreational limit for blackfin tuna of two fish per person or 10 fish per vessel, whichever is greater, .
So if you're by yourself, in your boat, you can have 10 blackfin, but if you're on a pier or land based water structure, you can only have 2 per person?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts