Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the deal... If you remember last time...

I would like to do a "Chum Run" for the Bonita that are thick right now.... How this work is this: "Run and Gun for the schools"

Its a FREE trip, however all the fish caught remain with the fat jax for chum/bait. You must have your own tackle, a good stiff rod to get the Bonita to the boat. You MUST have good line on your reels. This was learned last time, light tackle is not a good fit when going for chum.... Bottom line here is "get the friggin fish in the friggin boat!" You must have enough extra lures so you aren't watching the others.....

Chime in if interested, I am looking hard at leaving Sherman Cove Sunday mid morning and returning mid afternoon.......

it was fun last time, Someone did a little bleeding, but they survived..... :rolleyes:

who's up for this?

One more thing, this is NOT a charter, so you have to have you fishing license....

Attachments

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Sounds like a riot! Ya'll have fun with 'em. Thin the population down a bit for the other species of fish out there

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
so... let me get this right:rolleyes:
we chop bonita dan in pieces so he bleeds
then we we throw him overboard as chum:whistling:
and run like hell:)

·
Super Moderator
7,011 Posts
Its always a fun trip with Jim, if you are considering it--do it!

Got the kids birthday party Sunday -- hope ya fill a box Jim.

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, here is the muster,
Ugly1
Morganman
Thafish
DAD (If he can get a hall pass (zinger))

Very important to know, you have to have good line and a good casting rod and reel. You have to have your own lures, ones that you can get a little distance with.... this is more than likely going to be a run and gun, cast. run and gun cast event. All fish remain on the fat jax for chum/bait. if we can sink the boat, we will....
if something comes up and you can not make it, post on this thread to allow another the chance to go..... I'll post times and all that tomorrow.... Right now plan on leaving from Sherman Cove at 0900 and returning sometime in the afternoon. That's the deal!
I want at least 4 in addition to me to make the trip worth while. I have a rhythm and sequence for this which I'll explain Sunday...

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Okay, here is the muster,
Ugly1
Morganman
Thafish
DAD (If he can get a hall pass (zinger))

Very important to know, you have to have good line and a good casting rod and reel. You have to have your own lures, ones that you can get a little distance with.... this is more than likely going to be a run and gun, cast. run and gun cast event. All fish remain on the fat jax for chum/bait. if we can sink the boat, we will....
if something comes up and you can not make it, post on this thread to allow another the chance to go..... I'll post times and all that tomorrow.... Right now plan on leaving from Sherman Cove at 0900 and returning sometime in the afternoon. That's the deal!
I want at least 4 in addition to me to make the trip worth while. I have a rhythm and sequence for this which I'll explain Sunday...
Sounds great man! Going to stock up on some gotcha vertical jigs!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Jim I am takin the kids out sunday. If I can figure a way to catch up with you on the water sunday I will give all we get. the kids love catching them. You headed east or west. not sure where shermons cove comes out. Good luck and maybe we will see ya out there. Brian

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,737 Posts
Good luck!! When we were out a couple weekends ago, they were eating the "white snot" bait and yer gonna need to match the hatch.

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,737 Posts

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so... let me get this right:rolleyes:
we chop bonita dan in pieces so he bleeds
then we we throw him overboard as chum:whistling:
and run like hell:)
What's a "Bonita Dan?" I think I remember something like that a while back, but it got married or something, then over night it went extinct (sp)

:no::whistling:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts