Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some lowlife POS cut the latch and lock off my trailer last night. Took all 4 of my makkita drill sets, makkita hammer drill and new makkita skill saw. I have serial # for all of it. Filed police report but the dont do shit.

I have boot imprint pictures
Tire tread pictures.
I need a fingerprint kit.

I hope they get theirs before I find them. Thus is not just stuff. This is how I feed my family. I will put a bullet in a thiefs head and not think twice about it!

Rant over..... for now

·
Enjoying Gods Creation
1,262 Posts
Sorry to hear brother. I got a brand new saw and hammer drill you can borrow if need be. You can pick um up when you drop by later.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pensacola Beach. Home owners are supper nice and theor Building insurance may cover it. They said they would help and take care of anything they can. But its just sad!

Take my toys or something of mine is one thing. But when you take the items that make a persons living.... well I have no sympathy if or when they get caught red handed and somebody wastes $.75 in lead on the perp.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I am assuming that the police did not take fingerprints. You can do it by:

Look for objects that can potentially carry fingerprints. Fingerprints leave better impressions on smooth objects. These items hold the best prints: glass, painted surfaces, metal, linoleum, varnished woods and paper.

2 Grind some graphite power from a pencil. Using a knife, break the lead from a pencil into tiny pieces. Use a coin on a flat surface to grind the pieces into a fine powder.

3 Sprinkle the powder onto your object. Lay the object on a flat table and gently coat the surface of the object with a fine layer of graphite powder.

4 Reveal the fingerprint. Lightly dust the powder off the surface with a feather. The powder will stay attached to the oils from the suspect's skin, and a fingerprint should take shape. Be sure to dust very lightly, or you may dust away the fingerprint.

5 Transfer the fingerprint. Holding a small strip of transparent tape at both ends, place the tape over the fingerprint. Press it down for a moment, then carefully pull the tape up from one end. The fingerprint will transfer onto the tape.

6 Place the tape face down on an index card. Repeat the process for each finger you can find prints for on the object, and place them on the same card

read more : http://www.ehow.com/how_2096229_take-fingerprints.html

sorry for your loss, hope the insurance covers it; doubt if the police will recover any thing soon.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I will put a bullet in a thiefs head and not think twice about it!

Rant over..... for now
Now don't go and get all upset and talk about bullets. They only stole tools, you mentioned a saw and hammer drill. So use those tools on them - it would provide a lot more satisfaction. :)

Just kidding. I understand your anger. Hope things work out okay for you.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have great prints on the back of the rubber coated handles for the trailer latch. Slid them off. Maybe I can get em checked and ran through the system somehow? Then again, could be mine if they had gloves?

·
Super Moderator
28,632 Posts
There are many objects that you can't get prints off....I'm assuming a crime scene tech came to the scene? They are usually purty good about getting the stuff done. Not sure bout Escambia, but our folks are purty good in Santa Rosa especially when officers help em. Sucks you lost them tools but like you said hopefully the insurance company will help ya out a bit.

·
Registered
14,771 Posts
I'm assuming a crime scene tech came to the scene? They are usually purty good about getting the stuff done. Not sure bout Escambia, but our folks are purty good in Santa Rosa.
HUH? WHAT??
Someone kicked in the door to our house when we lived in Pace - stole about $1500 in jewelry ($1,000,000 in sentimental) and about $800 in damage..... I thought the gal SRSO sent out was gonna chew me out for even calling them - Almost had to force her to walk up the stairs to check out the 2nd floor - I had the dudes tracks & trail thru the woods found but she declined to walk 20' over to even see it, when I asked about fingerprints I got the "snicker" treatment. She did give me one very valuable DIY CSI "case solving" tip - "check all the pawn shops in a couple of weeks" - Gee Thanks!!
I know, I know - cops got more important fish to fry but geez! This gal needed to take a class on at least "appearing" to give a crap
Disclaimer - The above negative comments are in no way directed at any of the excellent law enforcement officers currently logged on to the PFF especially Jason or the dude who let me off for speeding on Willard Norris road the other day!!

·
Registered
8,431 Posts
HUH? WHAT??
Someone kicked in the door to our house when we lived in Pace - stole about $1500 in jewelry ($1,000,000 in sentimental) and about $800 in damage..... I thought the gal SRSO sent out was gonna chew me out for even calling them - Almost had to force her to walk up the stairs to check out the 2nd floor - I had the dudes tracks & trail thru the woods found but she declined to walk 20' over to even see it, when I asked about fingerprints I got the "snicker" treatment.
Dang, that's terrible. I've been lucky and never been the victim of a crime but I always just assumed they did everything they could to catch the crook.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No CSI just a oh you have serial #'s ? Uh yes I do. So we will see. But bout to go drop $1500 @ home depot so I can keep 3 guys working and food on the table!!!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Of course Escambia County Sheriff spent gazillions of dollars putting a camera system on the toll booth to record comers and goers license plates, but probably never use it.....It supposed to help in catching known criminals....lol....probably, just some payoff to a camera buddy. Im sure you have the time narrowed down...wonder if you can request footage

·
Super Moderator
28,632 Posts
HUH? WHAT??
Someone kicked in the door to our house when we lived in Pace - stole about $1500 in jewelry ($1,000,000 in sentimental) and about $800 in damage..... I thought the gal SRSO sent out was gonna chew me out for even calling them - Almost had to force her to walk up the stairs to check out the 2nd floor - I had the dudes tracks & trail thru the woods found but she declined to walk 20' over to even see it, when I asked about fingerprints I got the "snicker" treatment. She did give me one very valuable DIY CSI "case solving" tip - "check all the pawn shops in a couple of weeks" - Gee Thanks!!
I know, I know - cops got more important fish to fry but geez! This gal needed to take a class on at least "appearing" to give a crap
Disclaimer - The above negative comments are in no way directed at any of the excellent law enforcement officers currently logged on to the PFF especially Jason or the dude who let me off for speeding on Willard Norris road the other day!!
Whoa....that sounds like a time, I would have made a couple calls ifin I were you at the time!

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
You want to also know what else is wrong now days? That somehow this thread went from how a POS stole items from someone to dogging out the cops. Unbelievable in my opinion. Just to give you a little education on how that works. Escambia County acquires about 75-100 new cases a day with only so many investigators to handle the load. Thats a day, not a week or a month. Actually alot of stuff gets recovered every week and alot of cases get solved. Believe it or not the cops have to solve things to keep their job or position and food on the table as well. Somehow no matter what some one else does it ends up ultimately coming down to the cops doing a shitty job.Why????????? Is it their fault??????

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Be careful scott - you need an official disclaimer, that smiley face aint gonna cut you no slack - lol!!
I've been a victim and seen the crime solvers in action.It was a very enlightening experience to say the least.I'd plead innocent and lawyer up for having a tag light out before I'd give them a quarter.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts