Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a quote on my 2011 suzuki equator extended cab... the rear passanger side wheel well just got piled up. It's not that bad, but the metal is creased and alot of paint chipped off.

Can anyone recommend someone close to the east hill area. Price isn't an issue because my truck was parked when it was hit. Needless to say, I'm not happy.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forum Runner.

·
Land-Locked
1,119 Posts
Just make sure where you take it to replaces the entire box side. If they say they're going to just repair it, take it to a new shop. There's no way a production/repair shop will ever metal work that properly. If a repair shop said they were going to repair it, rather than replace it, you can guarantee a pretty substantial amount of body filler.

I can't tell you who to take it to, but a box side replacement is usually right around $1500-2000.

·
Super Moderator
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So it'd be 1500 to 2000 to replace the bed?

The picture really doesn't do it justice. That bottom part of the wheel well is folded all the way back from a bumper getting in to it.

I'd assume they'd be better off just replacing the entire panel/bed?

Add to the fact that the bed is LineXed.... this probably won't be cheap.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I know it's not East Hill, but I've never been disappointed by Gross and Sons or West Florida Paint and Body.

·
Land-Locked
1,119 Posts
So it'd be 1500 to 2000 to replace the bed?

The picture really doesn't do it justice. That bottom part of the wheel well is folded all the way back from a bumper getting in to it.

I'd assume they'd be better off just replacing the entire panel/bed?

Add to the fact that the bed is LineXed.... this probably won't be cheap.

No, they won't replace the entire bed. Just the outer skin on that side, and maybe some of the inner support structure. Some manufacturers only offer the skin with the bracing, but it's a very easy replacement, just time consuming and then the cost to paint the part.

You will have to get the Line-X repaired/touched up after the replacement though, depending where the weld seams are and where your bedliner starts/stops.

Check out this video. The guys in it are kinda douchey, but it will give you an idea what any body shop will be doing.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
i Work At Cockrells, Come By And Get An Estimate

·
Registered
347 Posts
As it looks,,,,,,,,, Insurance Co. WONT replace the bed side for that small of a repair.Any good bodyman can fix that with minimum amount of filler's.As it looks in the picture,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Just my honest opinion of 40yrs experience

1 - 11 of 11 Posts