Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Valued Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if we're not suppose to post for sale items here. Please move my thread to the proper place if I am wrong.

I'm Capt Ron right here in Pensacola. I have the best-bullet proof vests available in threat level IIA which is rated for .357 magnum and less powerful calibers including: .45, .40. 9mm, .380. 22L. Although one single panel is not rated to stop a .44 magnum, it did stop a .44 mag hollowpoint from penetrating through the vest when tested. These vests are in high demand and will be sold out soon.

For pics of the vest check out my website: http://www.iwillnotbeavictim.com/ballistic_vest.html

Or please call Capt Ron anytime at (850) 434-8464 or email me at [email protected]

These vests are $800.00 new. Being sold now for $200.00

It is illegal under federal law for convicted felons to own this type of body armor. Florida currently allows all other citizens not employed by law enforcement or professional security to own body armor, but probably not for long. Several states, such as Connecticuthave already mandated restrictions on the sale of body armor to everyday citizens. Seriously, buy it while you still can.

Why are used vests sold?

When Police or military by a ballistic/bullet-proof vest they are required to have a warranty on that vest. Although the vest would virtually last forever, the manufacturing company only warranties them for typically five years so that they can limit their liability and sell more vests once the warranty has expired. The used vest are not trashed because they still have the ballistic protection value that can save a life, hence the vests are resold on the open market at an incredible discount.

These are German special forces vests. Some of the carriers may be faded or simple repairs made from wear, but the Kevlar panelsare as good as new and have never been fired at. Kevlar does not age or degrade over time. (unless you leave it in direct sunlight) All Kevlar ballistic panels are enclosed in a water repellent cover, that repels all moisture (sweat)and protects fromany light damage. The panels are easily removable from the camo commando carrier via unzipping the bottom of the carrier and simply pulling the panel out. Carriers may be machine washed normally in cold or warm water.

I have sizes in M, L, and hardto find XL. I can also custom size a vest for the big boys. The last vest I customized was for a fellow who was 6'2, 350lbs. I can over lap multiple panels together to fit larger chested men. This would also provide double ballistic protection where the vest over laps down the center of the chest and back. The camo commando carrier can also be made larger. Custom sized vest requiring two extra ballistic panels are $600, an unbeatable deal.

Vests can be worn over the clothing for quick donning commando style or the ballistic panels can be quickly removed and held in place by velcro straps under your clothing for concealment.Vest carrier is German camo with the same IIA ballistic protection over shoulders and in neck collar. It looks like a hunting vest rather than a bullet-proof vest making the thug less likely to take a head shot on you. Vest with carrier weighs between 5-6lbs depending on size.

Vest carrier can hold up to three chest panels and three back panels if extra protection is desired. Extra panels are sold individually.

Each single ballistic panel contains 14 layers of high grade German Kevlar and is rated as a threat level IIA. European ballistic vests have higher anti-ballistic requirements than US standards. Probably because Euromen aren't so big and tough.

I have tested these vests and they are the real deal. You can easily add your own chest trauma plate by simply velcroing the plate to the panel or by sewing on a simple pocket. I have camo material from extra vest carriers you may have for this application.

Only a genuine ballistic grade ceramic plate at the cost of $400 alonewill stop a rifle round and that's if you can get somebody to sell you one.

Imeet so many people who are prepared for when the shumer hits the fan, plenty of guns, thousands of rounds of ammo, enough MRE's, fuel and waterto last ten years, but then they skimp on the one thing that can keep them alive.I think people forget that when the shumer hits the fan, they are not the only ones with guns. It be a shame to do all that preparation and then be taken out by one stray.22 bullet to the stomach.

4,058 Posts
i didnt think you were supposed to sell anything unless you had had a minimum of 30 posts or something like that?

cant say too many people on this site have a need for such a product...and the ones that do are issued them by their workplace.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
The Blue Hoo (11/3/2008)i didnt think you were supposed to sell anything unless you had had a minimum of 30 posts or something like that?

cant say too many people on this site have a need for such a product...and the ones that do are issued them by their workplace.
Speak for yourself Woods, With the nature of this election I have a feeling there are going to be a few crazies out there acting a fool. I'm going to get a tank so I can just run everybody over.

·
Registered
310 Posts
You mention that body armor s in high demand? Who is buying it?? I hope people do not feel the need to be walking around town wearing body armor.. I dont think any of us in the panhandle live in an area so bad we need to own body armor.. do we? Good luck wikth the sale but I am sure curious who buys this stuff?

4,058 Posts
401 Cay (11/4/2008)You mention that body armor s in high demand? Who is buying it?? I hope people do not feel the need to be walking around town wearing body armor.. I dont think any of us in the panhandle live in an area so bad we need to own body armor.. do we? Good luck wikth the sale but I am sure curious who buys this stuff?
+1

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
I'll tell ya who buys this stuff. Everybody on here is pro-gun...for self defence. Thats great.

But techinally, a gun is an offensive weapon (although used in a good defence). Nobody really thinks about a defence plan though.

Not that in this area anybody really needs to walk around wearing body armor ALL THE TIME. But if the shit hits the fan, weather inyour state, your city, or your neighborhood, or your house persnally, besides being able to fire back, it is also good warfare tactics to have defence, like body armor.

And if no one in the panhandle needs armor, then I guess no one needs a AR-15, SKS, or AK, ect, and 3000 rounds of ammo to go with it?

I know it is a very peacful area down here compared to Detroit, but I remeber the great power outage on the entire eastern starboard,Y2K,and the Rodney king trial. All three of those where some hairy situations.

No, the world didnt end Y2K, and the power didnt even go out..but dont think that there wasnt plenty of knuckleheads out using the possibility as an excuse to cause mayhem. I was on my porch ready, all clips loaded. No problems with my house, but 2 houses down, neighbors car got firebombed. Got some good video of it too.

And you guys from everyone I talked too don't have Devils Nite.....haahaa...more arsons and mayhem in one night then you can imgagine.

And then a couple times I have had personal beefs, that went on for a week, and caused me to change things up, get my family out of the house one night,and carry at all times until I got to the "source" of the problem alone, and adjusted his thinking. Would a been nice that week to have armor too while watching my back.

And the time at my wifes family reunion, and my nephew was ridin a mini bike and almost got run down by someone from the Del-Ray Mafia (anybody here from up there knows where I'm talkin about.... Fort St. and Springwells), and we werent buyin it, and stood them down, and then had couches turned up againts the windows with all the firpower out, waitin for them to group up and come back thru and do a driveby....would a been nice to have some body armor besides just sawed-offs, rifles,and pistols.

It maybe peacful here, but that could change in an instant, and with the state our country is in, and with hurricanes...don't everyone of you in flood zones have your weapons ready and protect your gutted houses with your belongings strewn all over the yard and street from looters?

Or what if your neighbor got into with an 1%er outlaw MC club? and next day you got 40 bikers in your neighborhood? Wouldnt it be nice to have on a little armor? For less than the cost of the cheapest pistol (that still has serial numbers)out there?

I know Ron personally, he is offering a product at a great price. If you arent intrested, fine, but if the mans tryin to sell something....if you aint got nothin nice to say..why say somethin negative on his post?

Besides...when the Aliens land after scanning your brainwaves...body armor will keep them from friing at your chest with there death rays. :moon

·
Registered
310 Posts
I wasnt trying to put anything negative on his post.. I was literally curious why there is such a market for it.. I figured maybe people wear it hunting, but it doesnt stand up to rifle fire. The one thing I know about body armor is it doesnt work if your not wearing it.. my point being that to be effective you would have to wear it sll the time so when that random gunshot comes at you, its on. Should you choose to wait until shit goes down and put it on over top of clothes then you are more likely to get headshot by tour assailant. I wore body armor for 13 years in the military and can tell you that I wouldnt wear it unless in a war zone.. its not comfortable. I was just curious why there is such a draw to it.. no bashing meant.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Clay-doh that was a magnificent post. I'll be honest, I'm thinking about getting my home defense upgraded and might be calling him on these products before too long.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Clay-Doh (11/6/2008)I wasnt tryin to be hard on ya Cay...sorry if I came off that way. And I agree with that the MOST effective is to where at all times. I wasnt saying that, just talking about those rare occasions, wether for an hour, a day, or a week, that its needed.
Not taken that way at all Clay, but after reading your post Im figuring youNEED to buy some body armor and a ballistic helmet as well! Damn son you get your ass in some F#cked up situations!!! haha.

·
Valued Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All great questions and posts guys.I appreciate everyone's input.

I had several doctors that were in hospitals inNew Orleans during Katrina buy 8 vests last month! These vests are incredibly comfortable due to their light weight and design. With a moisture wicking shirt underneath they aren't that hot at all compared toalternative vests of the same threat level protection.

I wear my vest when I go to the gun range just to practice a little shooting. I don't believe the range is a dangerous place, but it would be mighty embarrassing getting shot accidentally when I have 20 vests at home. My girlfriend makes her son wear one when he goes with me to the range. It also helps me sell a few almost every time. Funny thing is, the buyers always want to do the sale privately where there's noone around....go figure???

We have many preppers down here. You can't be fully prepared without at least a little protection. How many friends do we all have that say they're ready for when the SHTF, but they don't have body armor???

What I like most about these vests is the price I can offer them at. Also, knowing one day it might save somebody's life or even their child's.

If you go in with a buddy or buy 2 at the same time I'll drop the price to $175.00 I have another shipment coming. I was suprized how fast the last bunch sold, but thanks to the election I'm getting much more calls. I dont think people are worried about war as much as they are the laws changing restricting the sale of body-armor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts