Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left yesterday at around 4 in the afternoon. Full moon so we were able to run 30kts to the rigs the whole way. Chunked till our hands froze off with one one yellow about 70-80 pounds. Woke up and started trolling. Picked up a wahoo at around noon and around 115 the big girl came up! Fish hit the right short and started haulin! Took most the spool off the 50. Looked back and noticed her thrashing way way behind the boat and we could see she had some shoulders. Got her to the boat in about 45 minutes our wireman took one wrap on herand she didnt like that one bit! She was still really really green and the swivel got caught up and broke her off. We estimated her at 550- 600 pounds. Fish was caught at the steps in 500ft. of water.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Very nice report. I see you guys made the short window of time allotted. Wow, what a nice blue. :clap:clap:clap Sorry she was lost. Wade didn't tie that did he. J/K :bowdown:bowdown

·
Super Moderator
5,901 Posts
Bite sucked at the rigs. Did see one thing I found to be rather neat. Around 1 this morning, a small school of juvinile sailfish came up in the lights. Me and Jeremy got a good look at the little fellers, (12" or so). Had thier little sails up andthier fins were lit up too_One other thing, we spent most of the 45 minute fight backing down chasing this fish...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i wish we could of gotten a pic of one of those little guys. Two bad you missed on the net shot!

·
Super Moderator
5,901 Posts
I had one in the net and he jumped out. Fast little fellers.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Damn, I forgot how sexy I am. Even though I'm extremely photogenic, those pictures just seem to make me look better than usual!:moon

Congrats, Trip! Don't forget to turn in a catch card on the tuna from yesterday. 3rd place adds to the prize.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
awesome job guysand congrats on the big blue ,wish we could of been out there. :clap:clap

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Good job guys! Hey thats the breaks (pun intended). Thanks for posting. Wade, you were just going to hold the little feller (sail)in the net and snap a photo right? You weren'teven thinking abouttaking a billfish out of the water thats why he got away right?:poke

1 - 18 of 18 Posts