Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a wedding to go to and looking to do Tarpon fishing one day I'm down there. Any guide reference will be well received.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I go down there for work once in a while. Is it worth booking a tarpon trip? Or are there just too many boats and it makes it stupid?
I'll be going down there Memorial Day weekend and everything I've read says that May and June are the times to go Tarpon fishing in Boca Grande. Also says there is a pretty good population down there between April-October so you should probably check in on it.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
I go down there for work once in a while. Is it worth booking a tarpon trip? Or are there just too many boats and it makes it stupid?
it gets a little crazy in the pass with everybody jigging but we fished just inside with live crabs on spinning gear, caught'em till I finally cried uncle then went for snook and reds.

·
Banned
3,674 Posts
There are lot's of good charter captains down there. If I were you, I'd use Capt. Bobby Goodwin. He's younger and hungrier but knows his business like nobody else in the area.

Give him a call. He will tell you what's really happening at the time you are going to be there. 727-638-3835.

For fishing Boca Grande, he leaves from Placida Park.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts