Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Kudo's to you for being able to raise Bobwhites. I tried and wasn't really successful. I hatched out 100 and was down to 0 a year later. Never had an egg from them. Those things jump up and scalp themselves or die way to easy.

Now Coturnix...I had up to 500 at one time with them and grew them for 3 years. For a bit I was getting 200 eggs a day. I was making the pickled eggs too but the part I didn't like was cleaning the shell off of 200 little hard boiled eggs at a time.

I had some Texas A&M 1 pound Coturnix that ate real good. A fact most don't know, a Coturnix can lay fertile eggs 65 days after they are hatched. They grow like weeds and eat can waste a lot of feed when you get up to the hundreds.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kudo's to you for being able to raise Bobwhites. I tried and wasn't really successful. I hatched out 100 and was down to 0 a year later. Never had an egg from them. Those things jump up and scalp themselves or die way to easy.

Now Coturnix...I had up to 500 at one time with them and grew them for 3 years. For a bit I was getting 200 eggs a day. I was making the pickled eggs too but the part I didn't like was cleaning the shell off of 200 little hard boiled eggs at a time.

I had some Texas A&M 1 pound Coturnix that ate real good. A fact most don't know, a Coturnix can lay fertile eggs 65 days after they are hatched. They grow like weeds and eat can waste a lot of feed when you get up to the hundreds.
The most we raised was 5000, I think I have around 50 now. This the best thing money can buy when I comes to pealing them

1 - 20 of 20 Posts