Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night i went to bob sikes( beach side) with a couple of my buddies and rigged up with some live shrimp. we caught a bunch of whiting and white trout. they were all decent size and i hooked up on somethin big but then was broke off. we tried fishin for some big reds but no luck. we caught 12 fish total mostly whiting. we might try again tonight. hope this helped someone out.

tight lines everybody!!

here are some of them

·
Local 28 Years
212 Posts
I also agree,Bob Sikes produced for me as well last night.A lot better than Brokaloosa.But I did catch a flounder off the Destin bridge via Gulp shrimp jigged on the bottom.Sheepshead were there too but not interested in eating,left there around 4pm and went to Bob Sikes where the white trout massacre started.I also tried for a redfish with no luck BUT a guy next to me did land a nice red and also a sailcat.Get out there guys it's pickin up!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nice catch there, truckin&fishin......

I rarely caught flounders with jigs since I don't really have that kind of patience. I assume you have to jig it bouncing off the bottom very slowly?

·
Local 28 Years
212 Posts
Hey thanks for the props f-knots. Nor do I have the patience for jigging but it was the only thing I had left in the arsenal and your right,just jig up and down,bouncing off the bottom worked.I was reeling the jig up towards the surface when I saw it shoot up and snag it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts