Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thanks for the report and picture. that's what it's all about...getting out there & doing some fishing. there are LOTS of first year grouper in the bays...

a little advise though...always rest your rods on the eyes if you have to set them down...

i could post on & on about how many times i don't catch much of nuttin...like last night...:banghead

·
Registered
601 Posts
Finally made it out to one of the bridges with the help of Fuhrer48 on Monday. Got there about 1:30 or so and fished only until about 4:00. Live shrimp and some fresh cutbait for reds. One dink flounder, some pinfish, a pigfish, and this guy for our effort.

It's no stud, but it is my first grouper EVER, so give me my 5 minutes here. Thanks Anthony for letting me tag along, look forward to the next time.

~Josh

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
i caught a black drum out at bob sikes the other night. VERY slow though - 4 people w/ live shrimp, 3 hours in the cold, and one good fish. not very productive.

·
Registered
214 Posts
My luck has run thin down at sikes my past few trips. Just like Josh said, each trip seems to be the same, one or two dink flounder and an occasional Grouper pup. Those rods in the background in the pic werent ours, they were some older gentlemen's. I know better then to let the line peel off the spool directly onto concrete. I want to give myself a fighting chance! The pinfish are thick down on the pilingsand its just about impossible to get a liveshrimp past them. Earlier in the week I hooked into a decent black drum,I had got it to the surface but the hook popped out. Anyway, Im glad youhad a good time Josh. Hopefully we will be able to make it out a few more timeshere soon.Next timewe will stick somethin over 7 oz haha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts