Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Are you talking about towing your boats to the lump or driving them there? If you are driving to the Lump you might think long and hard about that trip. It's one hell of a ride from here to there esspecially this time of year.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The original author was unaware of the Lumps location. I believe he was thinking they were in the vicinity of the Petro, B.C., R.P.., etc. I am under the impression he is talking about heading in the vicinity of the afore mentioned rigs.

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
All,

To be honest, I cound not care less where we all go. Rigs or the Lump. All I know is that I really want to get into a couple Tuna this winter. Like inn deep stated, now that I know where the Lump is, it woud be smarter to tow the boat over to LA.

I saw a response for the 2nd of Feb. Is this the best weekend for most?

Wade, i think you stated April, is this to early in the season?

lets get this together and max our chances.

Jim

·
Super Moderator
5,950 Posts
If you are gonna tuna fish between now and mid-March, trailer over and fish the Lumps. The YFT started showing up in numbers at the rigs out of here around the first/second week of April last year. It's almost a 150 mile run from here to the Lumps by water....

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Since my boat cant reach either one I would love to crew up with someone and put some of this deep water gear I bought to good use.

One warning ...keep Michael away from the chum :poke

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
bamasam (1/10/2008)Since my boat cant reach either one I would love to crew up with someone and put some of this deep water gear I bought to good use.

One warning ...keep Michael away from the chum :poke
Only if it has been sitting in a fishbox uniced for about 3 days. :sick That was one nasty smell, I have no idea how you could handle that.

·
Registered
418 Posts
If anyone need a crew member i would be up for it.

The Cape Horn is down for re-painting so i would have to tag along

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Jim I can tell you first hand that the Lumps can be a biotch to get to depending on weather at this time of year and the fish show or they dont. I have not been like Woody and some of the others but I think a late march/april trip to the rigs would probably be the best and cheapest alternative for a large buddy boat trip. I know when we went to the lump it got rough quick and the fish were about 30 miles south from there.

I would love to hook up with someone if you guys make it happen since I dont have the fuel capacity to reach them but for a large get together I would say wait for the rigs and chum the bastards all the way to Cuba :)

21 - 32 of 32 Posts