Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a shamrock with the holly shoe box 4 barrel . raw water pump went bad on me and spewed water all around on my way back to port , fixed that replaced alt ,went out and it ran fine on the first tank of gas ...but when i switch to second tank ... no fuel...went thru that fuel line from tank to carburator found nothing but it worked ......then good tank did the same thing .....changed fuel seperator , fuel check valves , opened up the top of the carburator ...and found some grit in the secondary bowl. .... cleaned it out , and ran good for 80 miles ... then started just dieing ...missing running poorly.... still no water in seperator , but thats what it is acting like . i re teflond all the fittings and changed both shut off valves ..... there is no ethonol at sherman .... so i dont know ... any one have any suggestions .

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UREKA ! i think i found part of the problem if not all .....when i pulled open the engine compartment ...gas was comming out the back of the fuel seperator mount..... while taking it off it started to crumblr ...outside looked good ... but the back of it was dust... there was a penciel sizes hole striat into the the top of the gas filter ... it wasnt water , it was air.replaced that and drove out to the mass on a shake down ... got a nice brace of coneys ( two twin 15 lb kings) in less than 15 minets and drove back... i think its fixed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts