Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PFF Members and Guest,
I went out fishing Saturday Afternoon after the rains let up. Destin has been my favorite fishing grounds for the past 30 years. The day was a little bumpy to say the least outside the channel. Not a lot of traffic except a few wave runners outside the pass jumping waves and having a good time. Coming back later that day, inside the Jetties trying to stay inside the channel it became apparent that since the sun came out everyone had decided to launch the fleet commercial and recreation boater's and wave runners every where. Boats going left to right, 20-30 ft boats running a straight line from the pass to the bridge or the harbour instead of following the channel. OK busy afternoon or just a normal day inside the pass at Destin. I dont want us to wait until the accident happens, but a lot of these boaters are unfamiliar with the rules or right of way or that there is even a channel marker to follow in or out.
That said lets police our selves and tighten up. Teach people who do not know the regs or are unfamiliar with the boating laws.Some have a lot more money than commom sense.
You should obey the signs and channel markers, it is a violation of the Federal Navigation Rules is also a violation of Florida law.
Except in the event of an emergency, it is unlawful for any person to anchor or operate a vessel in a manner that will unreasonably interfere with the navigation of other vessels. Even jet ski's and pontoon rentals.
LEARN ABOUT SAFETY: Florida Boating Safety Course
http://www.boat-ed.com/florida/
http://www.boat-ed.com/florida/studyGuide/10101001
Stay safe my friends, teach our younger generation to follow the rules.
Tight Lines
:yes::no::yes:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think u should flag everyone of them down and let them know what they r doing wrong. Instead of fishing just take a day a week this summer and fix the problem? I would do it but its just not worth putting my beer down or having to follow the rules myself. Maybe next year

1 - 4 of 4 Posts