Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 17' Aluminum semi v Nova Super John with a 70hp 4 stroke Evinrude. When I trim it out to were the steering wheel stops pulling it porpuses. The prop is 13.25 x 21 and new.Anyone have any suggestion? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
3 blade or 4 blade prop? Sounds like a big pitch for that boat/hp combo to me. Do you have a zinc trim tab anode on the engine and is it turned at an angle to help counter the torque of the engine?

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
All good input.......Plus what is the weight balance.

Tin boats are usually VERY light weight in the Bow. Adding weight up there usually helps a lot. Like a ice chest full of? :)

70hp 4 stroke Evinrude.

That is actually a Suzuki painted White. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a 3 bladed prop, and it does have afin anode that is turned about 45 degrees the best I can remember. I am finishing up a three month stint working in the Philippines so I'm going of my memory and i've only had the boat a few months. As far as weight I have 75 pound lab that thinks she owns the front deck and it still porpuses. I will have to wait till I get home to look at where its mounted on the transom. It does have an after marketplane fin on it. Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts