Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, no one seems to know anything about Mr O's. Any suggestions on where to take my kneeboard/gunwale pads to get redone?

·
Registered
13,832 Posts
I saw this post, and I am not sure what you are talking about.

kneeboard like you pull behind a boat?

Gunwale pads like this:

gun.jpg

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, is that what I got wrong. I'm talking about the pads that go along the sides of my boat in the back that,when fishing, you lean against so you don't have to have your knees against that hard fiberglass wall. They are just cushions on the sides of the boat. Sorry, didn't know what to call them.

·
Registered
13,832 Posts
I do not know of any near Navarre. Pensacola is another story. Lots of great upholstery companies over this way.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any towards Ft Walton? I drive that way into work... which is why I was asking about Mr O's. He is on 98 and I drive by him twice a day.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had Mr O do some work for me a few years back. Very good work and he saved me a lot by letting me disassemble the pieces. Its been over 5 years so I don't know what its like now.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Without any further suggestions, and I had the pads in the back of my truck, I stopped by on the way home last night. Mr O himself was not there (he is really old and was pretty sick). The guys that was there asked me to leave one pad there, and someone would call me today with a quote on time and money. I'll let everyone know how it goes. It seems like a small mom and pop kinda shop. I saw several boat cushions they were working on and they all looked really good to me!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Call Island Quest canvas,
We can meet you and pick them up.

Call Pat.

Thanks,
Island Quest canvas
850-723-2144

·
Seafox 237 twin outboards
5,434 Posts
I had mine done last year. They were $200 a piece to get done. I don't know if that is high or low or average.
I fell out of my boat, and the gunwale pad is what I grabbed as I was rolling backwards off the side of my boat.

I had to have them match.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chapman, did you use Mr O's? They originally quoted me $600, I went to pick them up, they couldn't find the one cushion... i was worried but Mr O had been sick. I stopped by on Monday and he had my cushion. He did say he'd do them for $400 but I still think that it too much.
IQ, I plan on calling you, probably tomorrow. Do you work out of Navarre?

·
Seafox 237 twin outboards
5,434 Posts
Chapman, did you use Mr O's? They originally quoted me $600, I went to pick them up, they couldn't find the one cushion... i was worried but Mr O had been sick. I stopped by on Monday and he had my cushion. He did say he'd do them for $400 but I still think that it too much.
IQ, I plan on calling you, probably tomorrow. Do you work out of Navarre?
No,
I had mine done by a guy in alabaster alabama.
I had my center console lean seat done and both side pads for the gunwales and it was $600 total.

Cushion isn't a big deal, because I had all cushions replaced. I chose a pad for the seat that was 2 inches thicker

·
Registered
94 Posts
Island Quest canvas

Yes, we can come by and pick them up.
our shop is a Pelican Marina, call me when you want to meet up.
Thanks,
Pat

Island Quest Canvas
850-723-2144

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is a long overdue followup! Pat, from Island Quest Canvas redid my cushions all the way around, fixed my bimini top, and did not charge me an arm and a leg. He got the job done very quickly, and I could not be happier with the work he did.

Pat, I apologize for not posting sooner - with the weather we have not had the boat out until this past weekend. The bimini and enclosure all zipped up very nicely and the cushions are all perfect. Thank you again, I highly recommend them!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts