Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has every been to the Jacksonville International Boat show or the Sarasota boat show? Looking to try and go to a couple shows besides the Pensacola show, any input would be helpful. Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
I visited the Sarasota show back in Dec 2008 - do they have it twice a year? I wasn't really shopping for anything - I was in town for business and was looking to fill my Saturday off. The sheer number of vendors was what stood out to me after my only other boat show experiences in Pensacola and in Mobile. It was nicely spread out, so even though there were lots of attendees it never felt crowded like I feel the local shows always do. IMHO, if you are haven't made up your mind on the exact boat you want, it would be worth the 8 hour ride to attend the Sarasota show. HTH.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I was at a <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Sarasota</st1:place></st1:City> boat show years ago and it was much larger than the local ones here in P?Cola. Although I bought my Everglades at the <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Santa Rosa</st1:place></st1:City> boat show back in the fall of 2005, don?t remember what month.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input, I think that I'm gonna head down to the West Palm Beach show at the end of next month. It seems like that is gonna be a good show with lots to see and do, look at things I can't afford.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I used to make this show when it was in the Superdome and lived in Slidell. The show has moved a little west to Gonzales, LA but is still a great show. Not too bad food either! :hungry

Louisiana Sportsmen Show

March 13th - 15th

www.lasportsmenshow.com

·
Registered
372 Posts
The granddaddy of them all, The Miami International Boat Show starts tomorrow. When I lived in the area I would go every year. When I moved to the Tampa area, I went to a couple in this area and wondered where the rest of the show was. If yo9u have never been to the Miami Boat show, you owe it to yourself to do it at least once. And plan on a couple of days, it's too big to see it all in one day

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I keep hearing, but school and work keep me from heading down this year. I am gonna try and go to Miami next year. I just go for the in water displays, see the things that I can't afford. West Palm and Fort. Lauderdale should be a good time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts