Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anywhere around Milton/Pace or Pensacola where you can get the registration numbers made where they go on all at once instead of a single character at a time package like they sale at Wally World or Academy?

I've always ordered them online but don't want to wait for them.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
My wife did mine with some nice marine vinyl and one of those sticker making machines...got to be a woman in your neighborhood with one.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I have had both boat names and lettering from them. A + Signs on us 90 Pace Florida 994-6600
reasonable people to deal with.

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
While we are on this subject.....The "Requirement" is a Minimum of 3 in.....But 4in looks a LOT better...I shade them in a different color to offset and it makes them about 4 1/2in then. Pick a Font that can be read.....Not a bunch of swoopy jumbo. :(

Yearly sticker : Says it can go in Front of.......or behind the numbers on the Port side.
It looks better aft of the numbers! Why? Because in front of.....it looks like a flag flying backwards.

·
Registered
13,355 Posts
Hmmm, I only have my numbers on the port side. Do I have to have them on the Starboard side as well?

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,349 Posts
Those number/letter packages are expensive, and I can't afford the pre-made ones, they're more.
I use a straight edge to line my letters/numbers up, on the dining table. Then I run a strip of frog paint tape across the front of letters/numbers to hold them into position/place.
I lightly wipe the hull area with denatured alcohol to remove any dirt, etc. Peel the letters/numbers backing, and stick them, then remove the frog tape.
Tip, while placing them, hold each end and let it make a small arc, let the middle stick first, then slowly let each end fall into place. Then rub each sticker to ensure a solid adhesion.
Easy-Peasy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts