Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
One eye fishing,
568 Posts
Question:
I'm thinking of registering my boat in Florida and keeping it at one of my two fish camps in order to avoid the stupid Georgia luxury tax on it.

I guess Florida is going to tax me also?

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Yeah but all they got is Jon Boats, Pontoon Boats and Bass Boats.

Arkansas has no sales tax on a used boat. :D
I'll be the first to agree that boat registrations are a hassle.

There surely ought to be a cheaper way around the problem with buying older, untitled boats. There are thousands of rebuildable boats laying around. Possibly, boat builders know this and are secretly fighting to keep them off the market. I know where there is an old 18 foot Stamas that could be easily rebuilt and make a better 18 foot fishing boat than any I've seen on today's market.

·
Registered
959 Posts
What gets me is trailer tags. Why do I have to have a tag for everything: single PWC trailer, dual PWC trailer, Small utility trailer, car hauler, Travel trailer. Add three vehicles to that list and my birthday is expensive when it comes time to renew all those tags. Why can't I just get one tag for the heaviest trailer I have and put it on whatever I am pulling that day?

I actually know the answer to that and it is so they can generate more tax revenue.

·
Registered
400 Posts
It could be worse! SC has a tax on the motor and boat SEPARATELY, but no trailer registration or tax. FL has no income tax, that is the tradeoff, but I am still paying WAYYYY less in taxes and fees for ANYTHING compared to SC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts