Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Around the 1st of March, i will be in Foley,AL visiting my in-laws, i am bringing my boat a 18 footer, i know that i will be fishing Perdido Bay some.
I think that i would also like to fish Pensacola Bay too.
coming from the AL side, what would be a good public ramp or ramps for me to go too ?

I see that i can get there by water too, but not sure how long that would take ?

I am guessing that i would just be better off launching over there.

thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Like I said in the reply to your other posts. Launch at either Cotton Bayou or Boggy Point Ramp. If you have never launched or recovered in swift moving current I recommend Cotton Bayou. I also said to go talk to your local tackle stores in Orange Beach, scratch the Top Gun guys, they arent much into talking, go to J&M Tackle and speak to Ralph, Carson, Gumbo, or Terry and they will all be very happy to talk to answer any and all questions. Thats what they get paid for. Ralph and Carson are both Licensed Charter Captains that fish our waters several times a week. As far as getting to Pcola Bay from Orange Beach, it takes around 20-45 minutes depending on conditions, speed, and boat traffic.

·
Banned
9 Posts
In 1984/85 the State Government approved the construction of a boat harbour at Jurien Bay, essentially to provide a harbour of refuge and service facilities for the Central West Coast fishing industry. The boat harbour was officially opened on 12 November 1988.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jurien Bay

In 1984/85 the State Government approved the construction of a boat harbour at Jurien Bay, essentially to provide a harbour of refuge and service facilities for the Central West Coast fishing industry. The boat harbour was officially opened on 12 November 1988.
I don't have a good map of Pen Bay area yet, but i looked all over the Internet this morning, and i can't find anything on Jurien Bay ???

Kevin

·
Registered
14,491 Posts
If you want to launch in or near Pensacola Bay, look at the following places:

Navy Point Boat Ramp
North side of Pensacola Bay Bridge aka 3 Mile Bridge
South side of 3 mile bridge
Shoreline Park, Gulf Breeze
Bayou Texar
Sanders Beach
Pensacola Shipyard, Bayou Chico

The travel time from Orange Beach to Pensacola is about 1:15 minutes by water, with the biggest contributing factor, the no wake zone at Perdido Bridge area. It is long and takes about 30 - 40 minutes of idle speed.

I personally like the ride myself, and the no wake zone.

Now some do run the Gulf of Mexico from Perdido Pass in Orange Beach, to Pensacola Pass to avoid the No Wake Zone at Perdido Bridge. I like that run also, just outside the sand bar. You can run up on some schooling reds, heck you may even see an Early Migrating Cobia / Ling to throw at

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Once again, thank you for the help guys.
Captain Seagull's, just came out with 2 new maps, one of Perdido Bay area, and the other Pensacola Bay area, i ordered both of them, so i should be good to go when i get down there.

Sorry for what may seem to be stupid questions to some of you, but i am just trying to learn everything i can.

Kevin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts