Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone actually used this? They certainly advertised it when I went to look at houses in that area, but is there *any* parking? I only have a vague idea where it is, anyone with directions? I searched this website for all the above questions and did not come up with anything, so if this is a repeat, apologies. I just want to know if this thing is really useable....

Thanks!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Ramp

If you have a small trailer. They were redoing the ramp the last time I saw it. I have a 21' Trition Bass Boat and I would be scared of putting in there. However I have not been back since they reworked it. It is off of 399(East Bay Road) if you take a left on 399 from 87 it is probably 2 miles after you cross the small bridge on the right. There are some nice houses just before it on the right. It looks like shallow water around there.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Has anyone actually used this? They certainly advertised it when I went to look at houses in that area, but is there *any* parking? I only have a vague idea where it is, anyone with directions? I searched this website for all the above questions and did not come up with anything, so if this is a repeat, apologies. I just want to know if this thing is really useable....

Thanks!
X2!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
The HBTS ramp is just west of where Edgewood intersects 399. You will need to go to the Rec. center to get the combo to the gate. (At least that's the way it use to work.) I have not been to the ramp since the work was done, but I dont think it is anymore usable than before. The big drawback is the water depth. During the winter the water is only about a foot deep on a good day. Summer time it might be two feet. If you have a canoe, kayak or small john boat, you cane launch, but you may still have to drag it out to deeper water in order to actually float it. The "improvements" were the result of pressure from the "HBTS Fishing Club". Not sure how much money was spent.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan on checking this out this weekend. My boat is 23' and probably needs a bit more than a foot, that would make me nervous in that shallow a depth. Thanks sos for the directions, I do want to check it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts