Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was dropping the boat at the Shoreline Park ramp yesterday around lunch time and someone pulling their skiff out offered me the rest of their live shrimps....

I had actually completely forgotten about getting bait and was just going to see what I could come up with on artificials. But the live bait was much appreciated.

I’ve always offered folks my extra bait when i’m leaving the ramp, but this is the first time It came back the other way.

Turned out to be a helpful situation. Put my wife and father-in-law on some fish that probably wouldn’t have happened without the shrimps.

So thanks to whoever you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
This restores a little of my faith in the local fishing community, which in my recent experiences, is going to shit. So good on you and good on the fisherman that put some coins into his karma bank by being nice, which is getting harder and harder to be. I like hearing these kinds of stories.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh my faith is still iffy on the local community...

Definitely had some kids casting for mullet motor right between me and the rocks out at the pass... maybe 10’ from me. They could’ve smelled my farts.

but i generally find etiquette at the pass to be lacking. whatever though. I just try not to be the a** in the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
29,863 Posts
I've done that before..... I also walked by a dumpster at a boat launch and noticed one of them cheap bait coolers that looked new so I grabbed it... Opened it up and there were about 2 doz live shrimp in it.... LIVE!!! I just thought what Ahole dumped living bait into the trash!!! I took em out and dumped em in the water...I know they were just shrimp, but hell that was idiotic!

Reactions: tiger297

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
I always stop and give away my leftover live bait if I have it and I see other boats on the water or launching. Couple weeks ago gave way a dozen live shrimp at that shrimp trawler wreck south Chico, was glad they went to use. I agree, it's stupid not to give them to someone who can use them or just set them loose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts