Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tangle Master
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 40 year old 14' boat, that I am almost completely done rebuilding. No wood anywhere at all anymore.

I want to repaint it. Initially I looked at the marine Rustoleum paint and the boat paint at Halls. Can I get a good looking long lastimg finish from these paints? If not what do yall recommend? Depending on the paint it could end up being rolled and tipped if my buddy doesnt want to run that paint thru his sprayer.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I use Rustoleum marine on my Cape Horn rebuild, only about a year now but so far it has heal up great. No regrets what so ever.

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
When I painted my McKee I sprayed a high build primer(evercoat G2) then a single stage polyurethane paint(sherwin-williams). The roll and tip method works but is more work and can easily be screwed up if you haven't done it before.

1117161554.jpg

·
Registered
10,758 Posts
I have a 40 year old 14' boat, that I am almost completely done rebuilding. No wood anywhere at all anymore.

I want to repaint it. Initially I looked at the marine Rustoleum paint and the boat paint at Halls. Can I get a good looking long lastimg finish from these paints? If not what do yall recommend? Depending on the paint it could end up being rolled and tipped if my buddy doesnt want to run that paint thru his sprayer.
Since this is a 3yr old thread revived, figured would post how well the PPG industial stuff is holding up! Has held up very good, still shines like a new penny!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,758 Posts
Thanks fellas, that is Jcooperpcola's. He gutted it, stripped it rebuilt it and did a damn fine job. I just painted the hull for him. It is a damn fine little rig. Maybe I will have him log on and post some more pictures

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts