Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to purchase a Pursuit 3070 offshore with twin 250 ox66's with bottom paint. I have a 13,000 pound lift. I have researched and think the boat fully loaded and ready to fish maybe about 13,000 pounds or just over. My question (which may answer itself) is does 13,000 pounds mean 13,000 or is there abuilt in saftey on boatlifts? if anyone knows for sure the weight of a 2002 3070 Pursuit offshore it would be much appreciated as well. Please let me know or send me a link.

Thanks for any info y'all have.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is this the one? if not go to the pursuitboats.com and then look under boat models and archives. if you click on the performance reports for that type engine it will give you a pretty good number for the weight of the boat. hope that helps.

http://www.pursuitboats.com/Archive/offshore/3070cc-specif.htm
I think that was it. thee dry weight varied aby 1400 pounds when I looked at the report but I think that included the motors at 9500 pounds. it was 12,350 fully loaded with one person. it also used 500 lbs. of gear. it is going to be close. Thanks for the direction. I've been looking for that for 2 weeks. I am going to start posting here before I even bother looking and save myself a lot of time. Any clue on the lift question?

·
Registered
415 Posts
i dont know about the boat lift capacity. i am sure someone on here knows. if not, try to call the manufacturer of the lift and they can probably help out.

·
Registered
212 Posts
dont risk it.....if you can afford that size pursuit then re-rig the lift,

mine was a 6k lift when i bought it..., my pursuit (2670) was real close to that loaded..... i lifted it a few times but you could tell the motors/rigging didnt like it. I got worried about weather/wind, if you think about it a hard downpour of rain will add several hundred pounds till it drains out of the scuppers.

it was easier than i expected they added pullys and ran the cables a different way and it added capacity.

i would contact the manufacturer of your lift and see what they say

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called the manufacturer and they recommended changing out the beams but said the motors were fine. Probably better safe than sorry. Better 900.00 in lift parts than thousands in boat parts I guess.

Thanks

·
Registered
958 Posts
Call the manufaturer on the wieght. It should be plenty, but remember that you have gas and whatever other load is on the boat also. Check you cable clamps on the lifting cables and where your bunk boards contact the boat. Set them in the same place as the manufacturer does on your trailer. Its been awhile but I used to Sell and Install them. I dealt with specifically Golden lifts ACE lifts and a few others. PM if you have any questions. Like I said its been a while but maybe I can help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts