Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TJ McBoatFace
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody out there getting a boat lift or boat house permitted lately and if so what kind of turnaround are you seeing in the permitting process?

I'm using a reputable Marine Construction Company who is working on the permit on my behalf but it's been 6 months and no permit so far from the environmental company allegedly working the process.

I know there are choices on marine contractors and in my opinion, given that the economy is so strong, they are being as picky as they want about what jobs they do as well as the timeline but is there more than one option on the environmental contractor to get your permit through the process.

I was told that permitting should take 1-2 months and a total project time line of 6 months but this is becoming frustrating.

What is everyone else seeing?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Can't really help on the current timeline, however, several years ago I had a cover built over an existing boat lift. Permit didn't take long at all.

I live in Poly Isles.

·
Registered
543 Posts
A Friend of mine has been waiting for his permit for over 6 months now. He is also with reputable marine company. I am not sure if the county is that backed up or if it is the marine companies. Now that folks finally have a few bucks to upgrade or do repairs it seems everyone is backed up. At least they cant say the weather has been the hold up.

·
TJ McBoatFace
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.

A good economy is a bad problem to have?? All I can do is keep the pressure on both of them and give them some squeaky wheel and see if I get something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts