Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that to launch your boat at most of the Pensacola boat launches that are city owned, you need to pay the user fee or get the pass from City Hall. I also understand that the fee's are $25 for residents in the city limits of Pensacola and $75 for the rest. My questions are: 1) If you go to City Hall, do they look up your info and decide what fee they will charge, do you show your drivers license? 2) Is there personal info that they obtain as to who is the owner of the pass? 3) Can anyone pick up the pass?

To get to the point: I don't mind as much paying for a pass that is $25. I really mind paying for one that is $75!!!! :banghead:banghead:banghead Would anyone that is a resident of the City of Pensacola be willing to get a pass for me if I payed a reasonable handling fee? Please PM if this is a possibility. Thanks in advance. Christopher

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about a $20 handling fee?

·
Registered
269 Posts
1) Yes, they do request your DL

2) They dont ask any personal information other than if you are a City resident or not.

3) Yes

*I applied in person the first time and have reapplied since via mail.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone looking to make an easy $20 profit for picking me up a City of Pensacola Boat Launch Pass?

·
Super Moderator
19,605 Posts
Gone Fishin' Too (4/6/2010)Anyone looking to make an easy $20 profit for picking me up a City of Pensacola Boat Launch Pass?
Instead of trying tocheat the system why not just pay the $75 like everyone else.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Splittine (4/8/2010)
Gone Fishin' Too (4/6/2010)Anyone looking to make an easy $20 profit for picking me up a City of Pensacola Boat Launch Pass?
Instead of trying tocheat the system why not just pay the $75 like everyone else.
:clap Alot of trouble just to save $30 a year. When you go to a resturant do you stuff your pockets full of sugar packets and napkins?:poke

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Splittine (4/8/2010)
I think if it's anything like in Fort Walton Beach (FWB) it really shouldn't be called cheating the system. I live in Mary Esther which isa suburb ofFWB but because I have a different Zip Code I have to pay two or three timeswhat others payfor things likecity league kids sports and ramp passeseven though I shop and do most of my purchasing in FWB paying most of mysales tax there. These towns that are all connected should allow each other to useeach others facilities without considering them out of towners and charging two or three times the normal rate.:hoppingmad I mean look at FWB, it's divided into FWB, Mary Esther, Shalimar, Wright, Cinco and probably one or two more I'm forgetting. Just because you go over a bridge they call it a different town and nowthe city you do most ofyour shopping in treats you as an outsider when you want to do things like put your kidin a city leaguesporting event or buy a ramp pass to launch your boat. :banghead

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I want to cheat the system just on the principle that there is no reason to charge people outside the city limits 3 times more!!! It would be different if the money is going to ramp improvements, security at the ramps or something that is recreational for boating, but it's not. I buy all my gas for the boat in the City of Pensacola, I buy all my bait and tackle in the City of Pensacola,I have my boat serviced in the City of Pensacola. I am a cheap ass when it comes to silly things like paying 3 times more than somebody that lives a little closer to the water than I do. My mail says I live in Pensacola, I just live off of 10 Mile Rd, what is the reason for paying 3 times as much? I would not mind paying up to $50 dollars a year, but all these extra dollars add up. All the vehicle/boat/trailer registration went up almost double. I buy a launch pass in Gulf Breeze for $50 a year. Why not set an equal standard and charge everyone the same fee? It would be like charging everyone from Pensacola that goes to the beach at the toll $3 and people from Gulf Breeze $2 and people from Pensacola Beach $1. I usually go to Navy Point or Shoreline anyways, I just wanted another option for the days that I want to fish the 3 mile bridge with my son.

So the offer still stands at $20 as a handling fee for someone to buy me a Launch Pass!!! :moon:moon:moon

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
jspooney (4/8/2010)I agree with you in principle. The current system is unfair.
I disagree. The City of Pensacola pays for and picks up the tab for most of the festivals, parades, runs and dozens of other events in the area. They also have many, many parks and facilities that are available for everyone to use; most of which are free and far better thanwhat the county offers. These are mostly made possible by the extra tax levied upon residents of the City.

I live in Santa Rosa County, have water service from the City of Gulf Breeze, they charge county residents more for water and sewer than City residents, it's just how it is. If I could afford the extra City tax and a home in the City, I'd gladly move. All services are significantly better than what any county offers, but there is a cost involved.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
certainly you are not saying that the City of Pensacola is a better place to live than the county because the city takes care of their own. Parks, festivals, and the like are for everyone, not the just city folks. It is indeed unfair to charge those outside city limits $50 more than the few who live in Pensacola city limits.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
City of pensacola is'nt paying for the Parades downtown anymore.. They can still have them yes, but it is going to cost more for the Members of the fleets..

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
The City never did pay for the parades per se, but they do foot the bill for security, setting out and picking up the barricades, clean up an trash disposal, etc. etc. It's a big cost and the parade organizers do not pay for all of it. Yes, things have gotten much tighter in the last few years, but the City still spends lots of money for the events that everyone from Baldwin Cty. to Okaloosa Cty. benefits from. I'll add the Sertoma 4th of July Fireworks to that mix as well. Sertoma does a great job and funds the show, but the Citys still has lots of skin in the game. Most people take all this for granted and never give it much thought. How much do you suppose the City of Gulf Breeze contributes to these events...... yep, that's right NADA! But they still benefit from all of it. I'm just sayin' what the City charges for the rampsseems fair considering the circumstances.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't mind paying a fee for the use of the boat ramps that the City of Pensacola owns. I do mind when I am discriminated against because I live outside the city limits and have to pay 3 times more!!! Should my trash and sewer bill be 3 times more, should my ESP gas bill be 3 times more??? Should the people that live in the city have to pay Gulf Power 3 times more because they are located inside the City??? NO!!!!!! Lets even out the fee then, and make everybody pay the same amount like Gulf Breeze does it at $50 per year from the time you bought it. The City of Pensacola's stupid ass launch pass begins and ends in January and it is not prorated. :hoppingmad. I don't believe that I am cheating the system, I believe the system is cheating me!!!! Why were the ramps always free before?, It's just another way to take it in the ass!!! :moon

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
cuzmondo (4/8/2010)
jspooney (4/8/2010)I agree with you in principle. The current system is unfair.
I disagree. The City of Pensacola pays for and picks up the tab for most of the festivals, parades, runs and dozens of other events in the area. They also have many, many parks and facilities that are available for everyone to use; most of which are free and far better thanwhat the county offers. These are mostly made possible by the extra tax levied upon residents of the City.

I live in Santa Rosa County, have water service from the City of Gulf Breeze, they charge county residents more for water and sewer than City residents, it's just how it is. If I could afford the extra City tax and a home in the City, I'd gladly move. All services are significantly better than what any county offers, but there is a cost involved.
That's about the most narrow minded comment I've seen on this forum in some time. You would make a perfect politician :banghead

·
Registered
148 Posts
You all are missing the point. City residents pay the extra costs by payingmore on theirmillage rate on propery taxes. From the tax collectors website:

Millage in City of Pensacola: 19.42.

Millage in Unincorporated County: 15.56.

For a house appraised at 200,000, that would be an extra 800 bucks in taxes per year, just because my house is within city limits.You can by a lot of ramp fees for 800 bucks!

That being said, Chris I would be happy to buy you a pass, and you don't need to pay me 20 bucks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts