Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a boat hoist near Perdido Pass? I'm headed down at the end of the month for some vacation and fishing!

Thanks in advance,
Will

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry if I used the wrong terminology. I'm looking for a boat launch that has an overhead crane of sorts to hoist my boat into the water instead of backing my trailer into the water.

Hope that clarifies.

Will

·
Registered
399 Posts
Been in Orange Beach area for 20 yrs never seen that for trailerable boats. They have fork lifts at zeke's, sportsman, romar habor and a big boat crane at orange beach marina, but why pay when you can back in the trailer.

So you back up to the hoist, hook up and drop in the water and the cost is? do you bring your boat or is it kept on site and the marina does it for you for a price? I see it for some applications in the pics just curious.

·
Registered
156 Posts
There is a travel lift at Holiday Harbor Perdido Key, and several of the marinas in Orange Beach. But it is more $$ than trailer launching--don't know any one who uses them except very large boats.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. In my current local area they only charge you $1/foot to put you in and take you out that day. So in my case I'm only paying $21 and my trailer isn't sitting in salt all day and again till I get home.

·
Captain of the Boat
511 Posts
There is a shit load of marinas north of Perdido Pass. Call them and ask for a price. I doubt if it is more than $25 for a trailered boat.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
not exactly sure what you are looking for, we dont actually pick your boat up off the trailer, but we can launch it once for 10 bucks or free over at galvez and store you as a transient, depending on the boats dimensions. call Holiday Harbor 850.492.0555

·
Registered
262 Posts
Barber Marina in Alabama has both forklifts and sling lifts that are large enough to launch anything that can be driven their.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts