Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked at them at J&M. They were nice, but I have a hard time giving up my Olukai's.
I like my Olukai flip flops as well. But I’m old and cannot risk my feet getting sunburned.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I bought a pair of these and hate them. Wore them for one day and threw them in the garage shoe bin.

Maybe it’s because I’ve worn flip flops on the boat my whole life, but these felt very uncomfortable.

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,079 Posts
I've worn Sperry's forever and still do. Can't see changing now. I prefer Sperry's A/O (authentic original) boat shoes. Never once slipped in the boat wearing them, never had one pull off my foot while wade fishing either. And leather protects a bit better than say Nothing or cotton canvas when it comes to stingray barbs.
I recently bought a new pair of Sperry's at Academy, next day later, they were Christened in the water when I loaded my boat. I bought the TopSider this time, because Academy didn't have any A/O's in my size that day.
I see people at boat ramps often removing their shoes before stepping into the water to load/unload their boat. I ain't cutting my feet on barnacles or slipping on the algae laden concrete ramps barefooted. I didn't buy 'em for their looks.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I"ve worn Soft Science every day for over 2 years now. Most comfortable shoe I've ever worn. Have Sperry"s but SS beats them hands down.

·
Registered
167 Posts
X2 on the soft science. Have you run them through the washing machine yet? I have not, but, heard it's OK and won't hurt them. Mine need it

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
I have a pair. Be careful if you buy online because they seem to run a little small or at least the style I bought did. What style did you buy for the boat?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts