Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Praedator
9,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I move up to Charleston I am going to want to get a new bimini, full enclosure curtins, seat upholstry redone etc... Bimini and seats are dry rotted. My enclosure has shrankand the snaps do not work anymore and all of that fun stuff. So I figured it's time for new stuff. What shops do all of this and who do you recomend? I know it's all going to be a pretty penny to get all of this done. So I want some good recomendations. Plus I did not know if there were any shops out there that can do it all.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Hey Jon,

X-Shark has done work on my boat, and I'm sure you've seen his work. Top Notch!!!!

I went with his recommendation:

X-Shark (10/12/2009)Tim Borce 292-2123 He has a shop on Barancas across from Osprey Towers, but just a little farther West.
on a quick enclosure mod, and was extremely satisfied. Quick, quality work, and very reasonably priced.

I think Bonita Dan also recommended him, and you know how cheap he is!!! :poke

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
I don't think you could go wrong by using either Tim or Cindys services. Cindy would be closer for you since ya live on the other side of the pond. Tim did my bimini top earlier this year and used this better material(can't think of the name right now)that was one step better than sunbrella and is totally waterproof without the aid of scotchguard. The name will come to me later. Also might I suggest using Stratoglass for your enclosure. The optics looking thru it are awesome and you'd have to drag it thru the gravel to scratch the stuff. The thread Tim used when sewing everything up was like a braided fishing line so there is no weakness in that area. The quality in this stuff wasn't cheap but it will last a long,long time. Good luck Jon.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I had a canvas busines for years, so PM me with any questions. Cindy does good woek, so I'd recommend her. I used Sunbrella Plus on my own boat. I recommend using the best materials on the maket (Sunbrella, Stratoglass and Tenara Thread) as the majority of cost is labor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts