Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I know a set a guys that do it but depends on where abouts in south baldwinbut they more than likely cando ityou would justhave to ask but just pm me for there number if interested.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm by no means a detail service nor a professional detailer but I'm always more than happy to put some elbow grease in for a compound/wax/buff session! Anything helps a college student! :letsdrink

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
How often do you guys get your boats detailed? Mine is an '09 and I was thinking I should have it done once a year. Thoughts? Also, who do you use?

·
Registered
117 Posts
mdrobe2 (4/14/2010)How often do you guys get your boats detailed? Mine is an '09 and I was thinking I should have it done once a year. Thoughts? Also, who do you use?
I detail/wax mine twice a year. The actual task is a lot easier if done more often...not to mention your boat will look THAT much better! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
What kind of wax and stuff do you guys use? Ive never buffed out the full of a boat.. The blue side part on my boats looks rough.. I know it could shine.. just not sure whats the best to put on there and how to apply it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
TurboDr (4/14/2010)What kind of wax and stuff do you guys use? Ive never buffed out the full of a boat.. The blue side part on my boats looks rough.. I know it could shine.. just not sure whats the best to put on there and how to apply it.
I just did mine a couple weeks ago. I used Meguires color restorer to remove the "mild" oxidation, Meguires Boat/RV polish, and Meguires Pure Wax. I could not be happier. I recently bought the boat and it looked like it hadn't been polished/waxed in a while! It looks great now!

I just wish I would have spent a little more time working with the color restorer. My biggest problem was that I followed the directions. They say to "lightly" load up your applicator and apply and then wipe off...but not to let it dry. I should have put very little on my applicator and just continued to move the buffer untilthe bufferremoved all the residue instead of quickly applying it and quicklywiping it off (my concern was not letting it dry...but it doesn't need to be a concern as long as you don't get it on anything but the gelcoat). I changed my technique for polish and was VERY impressed!

This was my first time detailing a boat so I can't vouch for other polishes/waxes. I used Meguires because i've heard of good results. It was pretty amazing what the color restorer does! There was already a light gloss after using it before I even polished.

·
Registered
229 Posts
+1 for Jimmy Madden. He did my boat last year and is due to do mine this week (I hope). He is very busy this time of year but his work is awesome. :bowdown

1 - 14 of 14 Posts