Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who is an artist and asked him to paint the name on my boat and fish paintings on the side. Although he is a very talented artist, he had no idea what type paint to use. When I looked into what would work on fiberglass, yacht paint was recommended. This could only be purchased in one gallon quantities, and it was very high priced. Painting fish on the side would require lots of colors and so the whole scheme came to a dead halt. I realize boat name decals can be bought on the internet forone or twohundred dollars or so. I went to the art fest today and got my interest up again, to have original art on the sides of my boat depicting fish I catch. Can this be done without spending a fortune on paint?

·
Super Moderator
12,807 Posts
i use a paint pen that you can buy at lemox books, next to pjc... they are about 5 bucks a pop, but i use them to draw an surfboards and they work extremely well.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information about the paint pens. If it works on surf boards, it ought to work on a boat. We might try a test piece first before making a big committment.

I do not understand the suggestion about "digital wrap". Could you provide a little more information please?

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I believe what Chris is saying is have your friend paint the fish on paper and then scan them into a computer. Send the image to a wrap place and they can make the decals for you

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, I think I get it now. So, I will seek a wrap place as you mentioned. Prices, sizes, durability are all questions I will ask them. Ipassed a highly decorated boat recently and yelled to him how did he do the art work and he said it was a decal he thought.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts