Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on the north end of Escambia County have any experience or info they would be willing to share concerning fishing in the sandpit-lakes just off the River in Bluff Springs?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I call that lake the gravel pit.(the end of bluff springs rd.) I have had some real good days there. Big bass, jack fish, bowfin, even crappie. I caught a 7 lber(bass) in there. There are 3-4 little lakes in that area, I have fished them all, and had good luck most of the time. Some days you cant buy a bite, but I know they are there. I use a small jon boat.(hand load). I have only used lures in there(plastic worm, spinnerbait, etc.) Good luck, tell me how you do.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I used to fish sand washes all the time. Good for really big bass and you can fish them all year long. I used a lot of jigs in the sand washes some can be really deep and hold good structure.

·
Registered
72 Posts
One of the lakes isn't public- there is a sign at the entrance. However, I know that some will argue access based on"navigable water". I just don't fish it because I know how many bullets I have and I don't know how manysomeonw else wouldhave...These lakes are hot during the spawn though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts