Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how many forum members got back into Bluewater. I got back in even after I said I wasn't since I didn't go one single time last year. :banghead Will the gate open this Saturday for scouting since bow season starts next Saturday?

·
Registered
78 Posts
YES front and back gate will be open. Remember thred in old forum about guru,s on 10,11,12 when putting stands out:blownaway

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Helmsy (10/3/2007)YES front and back gate will be open. Remember thred in old forum about guru,s on 10,11,12 when putting stands out:blownaway
Oh yeah, thanks for the reminder - remember the incident, but had forgotten which FB they were on. I believe that was a forum member and his dad (Ryan and his dad maybe)?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'll definetly be there. As always. I don't think I'm gonna be able to get the bowhuntin' contest goin' this year though. I maybe workin' too much. I dunno we'll see. I'll have to hustle to get all the paperwork printed up and put together.

·
Registered
23 Posts
think Im out this year, gonna try me some EGLIN meat. Got no money in my budgetthis year for tires. Sad that it has came to all that.....Greg/Jeff yall have fun, let me know if ya kill a big un.:takephoto

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reelfun27 (10/4/2007)How many got antlerless deer tags????:banghead
I have the past two years, but didn't this year; or at least haven't seen one yet. Have you heard for sure that they have already been issued?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I haven't seen one either. maybe the check is in the mail. Any body go out and scout this weekend? Anything you want to share?? I had a hard time finding the east entry. Had to go to the west and back track.:hotsun: Still hot out there/

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
i had one last year and filled it on the first hunt.. tons of does on that place. bow hunters paradise!! but will not be joining this year due to the horrible experiences last year. good luck guys, youre gonna need it with that crew up there. hey Will, did you kill any up there last year??

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
First time I will be hunting Bluewater Creek, heard the stories about areas 9-11, I am a bow hunter and gun, Anyone want to share an area where I should concentrate on? Let through the areas over the weekend, lots of clear cuts and some pretty dense areas. Saw a little sign, not much. Any suggestions would be appreciated.:bowdown:bowdown

Ed

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ScullsMcNasty (10/7/2007)i had one last year and filled it on the first hunt.. tons of does on that place. bow hunters paradise!! but will not be joining this year due to the horrible experiences last year. good luck guys, youre gonna need it with that crew up there. hey Will, did you kill any up there last year??
No, didn't even hunt one damn time in there last year! Went up there once to ride the roads and that was it. Totally pissed away my 200

·
Registered
188 Posts
Good Luck!:boo This is without a doubt the worse area that I have ever tried to hunt. Plenty of deer but even more arseholes!! I quit hunting there after a run in with some peckerheads that were shaking milk jugs making a drive at 7am! Complete lack of respect for other hunters and will wait on you to leave then walk all in the woods trying to find your spot. If they ever make this a club, I'll be back. Until then, piss on those morons and all their damn deer!!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
so is most of the area in Blue Water clear cuts. I am hunting there for first time in years this year and just curious. Its seems like it will be hard to bow hunt a clear cut

·
Registered
23 Posts
Had the day off today so I spent the morning over in Bluewater. Wherever I found some good sign there were probably 4-5 stands in every direction. Seems the deer will be running a picket line in some spots just to get from one clearcut to another:doh.

I was pretty disappointed to see so many areas marked off where folks are already set up. In most promising areas Idon't think a fella could fart without ten other hunters smelling it:boo

·
Registered
528 Posts
First come first serve. Alot of people have numerous stands all over. If you are the first one in the woods, hunt where you like. This is not a private lease with designated stand locations. Of course, others would argue possession is 9/10 ownership. There is really alot of places to hunt. I would hook up with some of the groups out there and establish a relationship and be respectful of others and hopefully they will be respectful of your hunting rights. For me I think you can find the does pretty easy for archery. I feel it gets harder with the bucs. I'm sure you are a good hunter, so I won't bore you with my methods of hunting.

Also, next year with the price going up it might be better to buy an AL nonresident license and hunt Perdido River Management area in Baldwin county.

Eglin also supposed to be excellent as well. I like Blackwater because you can shoot spikes. If you hunt blackwater don't get near any of those weed fields. I hear the state flys over and monitors people who try to have their own garden of herbs in the state forest. They say when they fly over it looks like a mirror from an airplane or chopper.

Just today, a friend informed me he had a ladder stand stolen off FB 2 and we found this stand near FB 11 & 1/2 today. I believe he has notified the authorities and will be waiting for someone to use his stand. This guy is alittle crazy, so I hope I am not around when he catches them in his stand. Good luck to people with no respect for others.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
bluewater is damn good bowhunting and i normally only hunt clear cuts. ive killed lots of deer with a bow on a clear cut. i saw 2 does, a 3 pt and a 4 pt on a clear cut that was cut the day before. you can sit in a stand over a nice trail and then fine tune your stand location by glassing with binocs. very easy. one afternoon a few years back i hunted a road that had a almost bare clearcut on one side and some thick pines on the other. i knew where the deer were crossin and while i was putting my climber on the tree a guy drove past me and looked at me like i was nuts. 30 mins later i was dragging a doe out of the clear cut.. its all about where the deer are moving. doesnt matter if its a oak ridge top, thick creek bottom or bare clear cut..

·
Registered
30 Posts
i hunted there(bluewater) year before last, thought it could be a good area but also had 3 stands destroyed torn down from fb 2 area. ended up around fb 13 but from the bad expearences and horror stories from others i was afraid to leave the truck alone for too long for fear of damage and cut tires.....just took all the fun out of for me. gonna try eglin or blackwater this year. so hard though to learn new areas and the people that hunt them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
to anyone hunting bluewater, I went out yesterday to get a feel for the land, and after not being in there for 6 yrs, WOW has things changed. I was really surprised at all the clear cuts. just curious to know if anyone knows of an area where there are still some tall pines. I only use a Ol man climber and cant seem to find any place to hunt

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bluewater has a great deer herd and has had for years. This is not your typical WMA because it isa tree farm first and foremost ergo the clearcuts. I hear every year all the complaining about no trees to climb. I've hunted this place on my own since I was old enough to drive and since I was 5 yrs old with my Dad and Grandad. The main road isn't called "Mason Road" for nothin'.I admit it's not an easy place to hunt because of the logging and the arseholes that THINK they own the area they hunt in. It is NOT a place somebody can come into for a year or two and expect to kill 5-10 deer a year. You have to put in the years before it really pays off. There are plenty of places and trees to climb. The best attitude is to just hunt where you want. There are areas I will NOT mess with because of the idiots there but if I really wanted too NOBODY will stop me from doing it. FB 2 namely. Parts of it are just ridicuosly populated with people. It's unique to say the least and full of deer to say the most. Good Luck and I'll see ya out there I'll be in a 4WD stepside extended cab red GMC w/a PFF sticker on the rear window.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts