Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out on the Alabama River this weekend. Caught some bait for the bush hooks. The little woman caught a red-tailed sucker that weighed over a pound so I thought, what the hell. Baited my best line with it.

Next morning we had some coffee then went to check lines. The big-gun was bent over and shakin -- eerie feeling knowing that a BIG bait was on it. I thought maybe a big turtle or gator or a gar maybe.

Nope, large blue cat. LARGE to me. Had to fight it pretty gingerly, letting it have line and then pulling it back to the surface. Finally the little woman got a net under it (my BIG net) and I had to grab the net sides to slide it over the side.

Took it to the neighbors scales -- weighted at least 45 lbs but was wiggling and we didn't want to kill such a HOSS catfish.

Blueto now resides in the neighbors 40,000 gallon Koi pond that he was about to drain. Looks like a submarine in there.

Pics are bad, haven't figured that camera out yet.

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, caught a channel cat about 5 lbs but no flatheads!

We may have missed the flathead run, probably too late in the year.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
me and wild ***** were on theriver this weekend and there were a ton of trout lines that were jumping with fish on them. i guess with the water level going down, that is the time to get them.</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.