Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to see who will be out on the water and where during the Blues show on sat. Where is the best place to go on water to see them fly? I have yet to see a performance from the base. Usually see them over the beach.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
If you go over to Ft. McRee, you'll get some pretty impresive low-alt flyovers.

But, really, this show is centered over the airfield, so the best view will be had on base...

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
If you are going to watch the base show from a boat the best place hands down is Bayou Grande. Look at a chart . You can anchor CLOSE to the runway at Sherman Field. Just be careful going in to the bayou from the bay. The entrance is narrow and makes a couple of ninety degree turns. It is very well marked just go slow. You won't regret going in there to watch the show.

I'd be there in my boat but we managed to get VIP passes. Girlfriend went to H/S W/ Clint Harris.........Blues Pilot #3

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
We went yesterday, on base. A great show, one of the best I have seen in the 10+ years I have been going.

When we have visitors and the Blues are practicing, we often take them to Bayou Grande on our 'toon boat and anchor just off the clear cut by the control tower. You can see a lot from there, but it's not like being there.

Enjoy,

Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts