Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to go catch bluefish. Usually they run through the winter around the pass. Anyone seeing them around lately? Does it matter time of day or tide condition as to when they're around and feeding?

·
Master of Disaster
3,042 Posts
Familiar question.... Anyone catching blue fish?
I haven't personally seed them there, but- with all the bait swimming around, there should be some there. We would typically see them at the very crack of dawn, and at dusk- if you are looking for numbers!
We had a large school strip our lines a few weeks ago right at dusk when we were fishing for redfish!
I'd check the point near the jetties (around "the wall" on the east bank)- or back at the bridge! A good surf rod and the heaviest spoon it can handle. If that doesn't work- some shrimp (dead or alive)- just be sure you have your heavy leader!
While you're there, you can get some convicts- they've been tearing them up!!

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
They've been around the Perdido pass jetties at the start of an incoming tide.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
I have always done well along the second sand bar along beaches outside the pass north shoreline, haven't been targeting those guys in awhile perhaps its time to

·
Registered
701 Posts
Are Bluefish thick here? Im from the Mid Atlantic and they were always caught and when fishing for Stripers, considered a nuciance(sp) fish. Now that its cold it would be great to catch them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts