Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Susan just called me into the living room and I caught the last few minutes on a Bluefin Tuna report from Japan. There is this one of many fish markets that the report was about. This particular market is the size of 40 football fields. They process only 1/3 of what they in the past have (because of the lack of catching more). A mere 3,000 Bluefin tuna a day. From the size I was looking at, cleaned (gutted) they appeared to be from 4-1/2' to 5'. Bringing as much as $14,000/Tuna. The report in essence said that the Japanese were raping the fishery.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Pretty unfortunate for the rest of the World. Because, once they deplete their resources they will be here in International waters more than ever when the price skyrockets to $80,000/tuna.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Halfmoon (12/17/2007)Pretty unfortunate for the rest of the World. Because, once they deplete their resources they will be here in International waters more than ever when the price skyrockets to $80,000/tuna.
At which time we can go out and catch2 a yearand FED EX it to Japan.:banghead

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Halfmoon (12/17/2007)Pretty unfortunate for the rest of the World. Because, once they deplete their resources they will be here in International waters more than ever when the price skyrockets to $80,000/tuna.
I guess you missed where they closed the GOM to Japs 20 years ago and limited the bluefin fishing in the gulf to June - August and only 1 per year or something.

Point is, you're all right. The little yellow bastards will kill and eat it until its dead adn we need to make sure thye're not allowed back to rape and pillage. The whole world needs to stand up and put an end to their abuse of the world's resources from tuna to rhino penises and llama nuts. What a sick freaking culture.

·
Registered
397 Posts
this reminds me of a discovery or history channel special where big yellowfins were only targeted for use as cat food and then the japs came and started buying them for big money and then they sent there ships over and started catching large amounts i cant remember exactly for it was on when i was like 10

·
Registered
7 Posts
Xanadu, I find your post extremely racist, rude, and ignorant. Every culture is different, just because your ignorant of another culture does not mean you have to point out that it is 'sickening', simply because your not familiar with their cultural norms. About depleting the world's resources, East Asia is the number one consumer of seafood in the world, it seems you think Asians have absolutely no regard for the environment, which is blasphemous considering East Asia is leading the initiative towards making the world 'greener' in terms of technological advances. This is coming from someone who is half Korean/half Caucasianwho has traveled and experienced the world, aside from the 'south'.

·
Registered
189 Posts

And you better believe Ill be out there as well helping them to learn the error of their ways.:hotsun

CurtyV

1 - 13 of 13 Posts