4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lets go out and support the boys!

FRIDAY
WEST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS...BECOMING SOUTHWEST AROUND 10
KNOTS IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 1 TO 2 FEET. BAYS AND COASTAL WATERWAYS
SMOOTH.

FRIDAY NIGHT
SOUTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 1 TO 2 FEET.
BAYS AND COASTAL WATERWAYS A LIGHT CHOP.

SATURDAY
WEST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 1 TO 2 FEET. BAYS AND
COASTAL WATERWAYS A LIGHT CHOP. CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS.

SUNDAY
WEST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 1 TO 2 FEET. BAYS AND
COASTAL WATERWAYS A LIGHT CHOP. CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Where is the best place to watch them via boat? I keep hearing about Little Sabine Bay which looks shallow and restricted in the middle. Is there anything wrong with the SE side of the bridge?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Where is the best place to watch them via boat? I keep hearing about Little Sabine Bay which looks shallow and restricted in the middle. Is there anything wrong with the SE side of the bridge?
Smaller boat can go in the middle and there is lots of deep water all around the edges. The middle is about 3ft deep on low tide. Just go in slow with a smaller boat with engine kicked up. The east end middle is the shallowest. The middle and the west end middle are deeper. I have been all over it in a kayak.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Smaller boat can go in the middle and there is lots of deep water all around the edges. The middle is about 3ft deep on low tide. Just go in slow with a smaller boat with engine kicked up. The east end middle is the shallowest. The middle and the west end middle are deeper. I have been all over it in a kayak.
I thought you couldn't use your engine in the middle to protect the sea grass. Low tide is 3'? Looking a the chart I thought it would be less than that.

Guess I will find out tommorrow

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i would say the middle of sabine is lower than 3 foot, but you can get a fifty footer around the edges. dont know how crowded it will be this year since everything is slow, but by the end of the day it probably is about 33 percent pee in there. we will proably be anchored north of the boardwalk.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I thought you couldn't use your engine in the middle to protect the sea grass. Low tide is 3'? Looking a the chart I thought it would be less than that.

Guess I will find out tommorrow
You may be right on this, probably why I never saw a boat anchored in there. By there, I mean an area defined by quite a few white bouys that make for an area all in the center, but they jog in and out making that area. If you looked at the long center area in terms of thirds, the first third east closest to the marinas and condos is shallowest. The middle third is about 3 ft on low and the west end third is the deepest.

Probably right on with the turtle grass thing and boats not allowed in the middle. There is a lot of room all around the perimeter defined by the bouys.

Water diluted with pee, probably right on that one also.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts